Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Fry-up ADB/VADB tonight.
For me: Pork sausages, slightly odd shaped dry cured back bacon (nice stuff though!), fried eggs, fried mushrooms, baked beans, fries or chips of some sort, fried bread.
For N: Quorn bangers, fried eggs, fried mushrooms, baked beans, fries or chips, a couple of mini hash browns that are lurking in the freezer, toast.

I've frozen the rest of the broccoli cheese. Tonight's supper is a faff to make, so I don't do it often - Melanzane parmigiani.

I'll take a pic when it comes out of the oven. I think I shall have it with spring greens, seeing as my fridge is pretty full of the stuff!

One of only two good uses for aubergine IMO :D
(The other is baba ganoush - I love both :D )

One of only two good uses for aubergine IMO :D
(The other is baba ganoush - I love both :D )
I probably use more aubergine in ratatouille than anything else. Which gets labelled as "Rat" when it goes into the freezer. When I die, and someone comes to tidy everything up, I suspect they'll struggle to decode the labelling :D. "Rat", "RFB", "Mex Brek", "capsi bhaji", etc.

I probably use more aubergine in ratatouille than anything else. Which gets labelled as "Rat" when it goes into the freezer. When I die, and someone comes to tidy everything up, I suspect they'll struggle to decode the labelling :D. "Rat", "RFB", "Mex Brek", "capsi bhaji", etc.
Going to take a stab at Ratatouille, Refried Beans, Huevos Rancheros (thinking along Mexican Breakfast lines) and Pepper (capsicum) Bhaji?

Your freezer labelling is order itself compared to mine :D 🤣
Bitter experience. "Nah, CBA to label that, I'll remember". Two Days Later.... "WTF is this? Lentil curry, or dessert?"

Now I keep all my scrap paper, ripped into A6, and magnetted to the fridge door - everything that goes in for freezing gets a label. It's the only way.

I'm of to Scotland with some mates and have volunteered to do the cooking (for the third year in a row). However I'm getting ahead of myself this time and doing some batch cooking. Turned 3kg of pork shoulder into curry last night and just made a bolognese that I'll make lasagne with when I'm there (so just have to make cheese sauce and assemble). Of course I've been making sure they are OK each time for my evening meals.

For the third meal I'm trying to decide if I play it safe and do sausage and mash or buy braising steak and cook it in red wine in the pressure cooker.

Back
Top Bottom