Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Steak traybake (aka lazy stir fry). A couple of rump steak, peppers, baby corn, tenderstem broccoli and chilli/ginger/garlic with a peanut butter and soy dressing. I normally put lime juice in the dressing, but I only have a lemon - I'm not sure it'll work :hmm: what do you reckon?

A traditional Friday night decide what I can be bothered to make, already did Roast Monday(?), Lasagne Tuesday, Stir Fry Wednesday (SO), then taco Thursday yesterday. So now it is Fuck it Friday since the shopping arrived and I can just eat whatever I fancy throwing in the air frier even if thats two pizzas and a loaf of garlic bread with garlic sauce. But we shall see once I finish shooting VR people.

The plan was Kebabs, from a butchers. They’re fuckin incredible looking. spitfire you know which butchers.

However.. Mrs numbers has recently polished off 3 fifths of a (her, I finished mine) leftover pizza from last night so isn’t particularly hungry looking now she’s asleep.

But I shall forge forward with the original plans and hopefully when she awakens she may have a hunger upon her. The smell of the kebabs cooking will be glorious and I don’t plan on starting cooking them for another hour, plenty of time for a siesta.

Cauldron Cumberland saussie and fried egg baps with baked beans.

Slab of home-baked dark choc and orange loafcake slathered in my first buttercream icing made with olive spread instead of butter. It's also dark choc and orange, and it worked beautifully. Trick is to add a pinch of sea salt. Cor!

Either chicken thigh fillets rolled/wrapped in bacon or pigs in blankets, served with roast potatoes, stuffing balls from the freezer (if I can find them!), fried mushrooms, peas and gravy.
Glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puds, carrots, broccoli, baby corn and gravy.
Roast dinner twinner :D :cool: Chicken is in the oven, spuds going in shortly along with some celeriac (just because it's mouldering away in the veg drawer). Will also have yorkshires, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, stuffing and instant gravy.

Chocolate chip cookies that my youngest made for dessert.

Don’t think it’s an actual photo.
OK, not sure I would understand the point of someone posting up something that wasn't an actual photo of their meal, at least not here on this thread.
I'm not immediately doubting you, I just don't understand why anyone would bother doing that here.

OK, not sure I would understand the point of someone posting up something that wasn't an actual photo of their meal, at least not here on this thread.
I'm not immediately doubting you, I just don't understand why anyone would bother doing that here.
I know. It’s curious, isn’t it?
Let’s see what happens when it gets to 100 posts or whatever the bar is.

I know. It’s curious, isn’t it?
Let’s see what happens when it gets to 100 posts or whatever the bar is.
Most of the meal photos they have posted is on the same set of crockery though

(More than can be said for when I post photos of my tea as I have a hotchpotch of plates!)

Either chicken thigh fillets rolled/wrapped in bacon or pigs in blankets, served with roast potatoes, stuffing balls from the freezer (if I can find them!), fried mushrooms, peas and gravy.
Glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Went with chicken thighs wrapped in streaky bacon with a honey glaze.
Couldn't find the stuffing, I might have used it already!
Delicious anyway, chicken thighs are my favourite bit.

So this is a bit decadent, but I've found a small amount of butter in basmati rice makes it next level. Was sceptical when I read it, but its awesome. Melt it and then stir the dry rice through it before adding the water and cooking by absorption as normal. :)

Back
Top Bottom