Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A chicken curry from the freezer, it's the last one so I guess I'll be making another batch at the weekend. I've fallen out of sync to do much batch cooking so at the moment it's just bolognese or curry from the slow cooker.

Early tea today (I've been diurnal lately and up at 6am which is almost unheard of for me, so eating late as is my more nocturnal norm is not cutting it atm).

I've got some boneless chicken thighs that need to be used, and I got some "unbelievaballs" meat-free meatballs (very nice by all accounts) on special that need to either be used or frozen.
So I am doing pasta bakes.
Chicken and bacon for me, meat-free balls for OH, both in a spicy tomato sauce with penne and topped with a bit of cheese.

It was going to be chicken and ham pie for me and haddock fillets for the kids, but I forgot to take anything out of the freezer :rolleyes: so fuck knows what's for tea now.

garden peas, onion, garlic slices, fried with sausages, potatoes, buttered & seasoned to taste, gravy smothered & crowned with 2 Sunnyside up free range eggs
View attachment 414104View attachment 414105

I think without the benefit of the photos, I'd have been a bit dubious about the words gravy and fried eggs in the same sentence - but looking at the pictures, yes I absolutely would scoff that, with bells on.

Lidl veggie sausages, garlic mash, kale, tiny bit of broccoli and onion bisto which I pimped fairly successfully by adding a dash of this and a drop of that.

How do the Lidl ones compare to other veggie sozzies?
N's favourite is the Quorn Banger (not the regular Quorn sausage) which is a bit pricey although we can sometimes get them on a special offer.

Back
Top Bottom