Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Stir fry with chicken, cashews, mushrooms, peppers, onion, spring onion etc. etc. served with plain rice.
Will do extra rice and any leftovers can be turned into fried rice tomorrow, also N can have a prawn and veg fried rice tomorrow so that's at least one meal each sorted for tomorrow.
I might take my leftovers with me tomorrow and have them either cold or nuked to reheat for lunch.

Today's was Aldi's smoked tofu (cubed), tenderstem broccoli, baby corn, green beans and red pepper with Chinese 5 spice and roasted sesame oil.

Mix it all up with your hands to get it all good and coated and stick it in a hot oven for 20 minutes.

I sometimes do it with smoked paprika, garlic and EVOO
That sounds fit as fuck. Where did you get the roasted sesame oil?

Greek style(ish) traybakes - chicken thighs for me, halloumi for N, with courgette, red and yellow peppers, red onion, and potato (with olive oil, garlic, chilli flakes, oregano, salt, black pepper and lemon juice).
Served with spanakorizo (Greek lemon/spinach/dill rice), yoghurt mint dressing, hoummous and pitta bread.
I had a glass of retsina (just the Kourtaki from Sainsburys, not the nicer Lidl stuff which I am currently out of until Greek Week rolls round again!) N had cola as he is working tonight.

So yep we triple carbed it Aegean style :D

Full roast today, beef, roasties, yorkies, veg, gravy. Forgot stuffing tho’ :(

Mrs N made a chicken loaf y/day with a big trough of rice and peas, which we have plenty left of both so we’re gonna have a full week of glorious food for lunch/dinner.

Minus the roasties (for week ahead) tho’ as probably be popping them like sweeties watching Crufts even after main dinner.

When we do roast spuds I always eat too many.

Having a go at these. Will probably oven rather than fry & have with roast veg.

Interesting choice of phrase in that article headline, I'd never considered "taste even funkier" as a good thing when talking about food - I'd associate that with "it's gone off, better not eat it" :D

Steak, fried onions, roasted cube potato and Brussels

This is what I want, I woke up thinking about steak with chips, peas and mushrooms - I might have a rummage in the freezer to see if I have any rump steaks left, and then freeze the chicken and sausages that are in the fridge and have those another day (otherwise it's either going to be something chicken based or sausage based, with the rest going in the freezer).

This is what I want, I woke up thinking about steak with chips, peas and mushrooms - I might have a rummage in the freezer to see if I have any rump steaks left, and then freeze the chicken and sausages that are in the fridge and have those another day (otherwise it's either going to be something chicken based or sausage based, with the rest going in the freezer).

Get in, I located a rump steak in the freezer!

Steak, home made fries done in the air fryer, peas, mushrooms fried in butter in the pan the steak was in while the steak is resting, then deglazed with brandy and red wine, thyme and a bit of garlic, maybe some red onion in with the mushrooms too.
Oh must also check the freezer to see if we have any onion rings.

Back
Top Bottom