Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Cheesy (yeast flakes) polenta with stir fried mushrooms and brocolli. Prepped and ready to reheat. Trying to eat lighter meals at work so I get less tired during the shift...
Tomorrow (not at work!) planning a mexican-ish feast of nachos with black beans, chipotle cashew-cheese sauce, pickled red onions, pineapple salsa and seitan-chorizo...

Last night had a fry up (ADB style) - Cumberland sausages and back bacon for me, Quorn bangers for N. Fried eggs, baked beans (Branston), mushrooms, air-fryer fries, toast for N, a fried slice for me.

Tonight I am doing fried rice - egg and veggies (mushroom, peppers, courgette, shallots, bit of chilli), definitely with king prawns for N, I might do a separate one with chicken for me or I might have a prawn one, haven't decided yet.

Tonight I am doing fried rice - egg and veggies (mushroom, peppers, courgette, shallots, bit of chilli), definitely with king prawns for N, I might do a separate one with chicken for me or I might have a prawn one, haven't decided yet.

Apparently I forgot to put chicken thighs on tonight's grocery order, I do have a chicken breast in the freezer but as I thought I'd ordered thighs I hadn't got it out to defrost and it will take too long now - so will be having prawns which are very quick to defrost :)
(I like prawns but they work out a bit more expensive per portion than chicken thigh so I tend to save the seafood for OH who is pescetarian).

Last edited:
Pizza slice (leftover from last night)
Chicken loaf slice (from Saturday)
Roast Beef slices (from Sunday)
Rice and Peas (everyday choice)
Mafia sauce (everyday choice as we cook bulk and freeze)

Back
Top Bottom