Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Can't even remember when I last posted in this thread, it's been a hectic week!

We've recently eaten sausage and butter bean casserole with mash, and spaghetti with pesto and mozzarella.

Tonight I am doing a paella type affair - chicken and pancetta for me, prawn and squid for OH.

Freezer-foraged harissa stew, brown rice, dollop of Skyr.

Launching into these afterwards. The most moreish truffles in the world. Impossible to stop eating.

Attachments

• 20231224_094701.jpg
    20231224_094701.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 7
Change of plan, gonna keep the duck legs for tomorrow so I have time to roast and then boil up the rest of the duck for stock. Just been invited for mince pies and "mulled something" at 5pm and I'll make sure there's cheese there too, so might just have soup after that.

Took my daughter and her friends to Hamburg for a few days of the Christmas markets so easy stuff like burgers and pizza all week along with many, many sweet treats. Yesterday was so happy to be home and not responsible for a group of 10 year olds that I didn't have any tea other than beer.

Tonight we had a very nice salmon en croute with boiled potatoes and salad stuff. Am so tired that I've hung up filled kids' stockings already so hope they don't wake up before midnight,!

Pigs in blankets
Duck spring rolls
Firecracker cauliflower
Breaded mushrooms

Yep, anything we could bung in the oven at one temperature :D

While the beef cobbler was cooking for tomorrow

Last edited:
I served up the exact same (delicious!) Fettuccini Alfredo that I've served up every Xmas Eve for the last 4 years, but this year his majesty decides he doesn't like it.
FML.

Apparently his Xmas fudge also tastes "funny" so I now think he's coming down with something (hopefully not my dad's COVID, we saw them a few days ago :facepalm: )

Back
Top Bottom