Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Don't normally cook with cream, but thought I'd try a pork tenderloin thing with a mustard cream sauce. Except I've just realised I've got single not double. I can just thicken it with potato starch right?

Also what do people do with the rest of the cream when they buy it for cooking? Freeze it?

Ok, this was next level. Didn't need to thicken it. Not sure I should get in the habit of cooking with cream, but dam, it was good.

More mundane tonight, just spicy pork mince and rice, but went to the market over the weekend and actually got a big bag of kale worth eating, so looking forward to that.

Courgette, red pepper, onion, chickpeas, garlic, ginger and coconut milk curry with chapattis.

Then the other chocolate melt in the middle pudding for me with brandy cream but not as much. Bit heavy on my stomach last night.

Frozen Bean chili I made and packet rice cos I am lazy today, feel like shit.

Edit failed packet rice, was pilau
Since been unable to sleep all night but wheezed a lot

Last edited:
Yesterday...

I was in Exeter and needed to get something quickly at about 6 to eat whilst walking to the Arena.Went to a nearby Chinese and ordered pork balls. My local does these as battered balls with a tub of sweet and sour sauce.
But yesterday I was given a foil tray with pork, onions and peppers in a gloopy sweet and sour sauce. It was ok but I didn't have a fork and had to eat it with my hands like an animal.

Food 6/10
Ambience 0/10

Going away for a few days over christmas, so making a veggie stew using up my remaining veg: onions, carrots, celery, sweet potato, erm apple. Got half a tin of coconut milk and wondering whether to chuck that in too.

Going away for a few days over christmas, so making a veggie stew using up my remaining veg: onions, carrots, celery, sweet potato, erm apple. Got half a tin of coconut milk and wondering whether to chuck that in too.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to use the coconut milk to do some rice n peas (or just rice cooked in coconut milk and veg stock, if you don't have beans handy or don't want to open a new tin) to go with the stew, rather than add it in.
Have a good time while you are away :)

Back
Top Bottom