Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Leftover roast pork to use, kinda fancy pasta today and have tagiatelle nests but not entirely sure what to do to make this work other than frying some bits off, cheesy chicken stock sauce and some heavy pepper seasoning, tho that doesn't sound half bad with some Grana Padano grated on top.

Have leftover roast chicken that needs using.
Currently torn between chicken, bacon, cream pasta (with some tarragon), or chicken, bacon, red pepper and pea rice.
Although the pasta dish, if I decide to do that, might be with some cream and some cream cheese, depending upon what needs using up. The rice dish requires neither.
Either way should be a good tea!

I also really ought to make curry for the fridge and freezer with the rest of the chicken, and some soup or stock with the carcass - I should get that done tonight as I am out tomorrow night and will probably get something to eat while I'm out. If I do it tonight I know it's all been used up and stored and I have meals for the next few days (or whenever if some of it goes in the freezer).

Huge pot of keema for me currently cooking in the slow cooker. Currently finishing of some creme freche that I had in before xmas for something. Really lifted a chickpea curry from the freezer, so I'll do the same thing tonight with a squash and chickpea for her.

I'm all over the place with days of the week. Stopped in Aldi this morning to buy supplies as I'm starting work later and forgot it's Friday tomorrow. Bought a huge pack of chicken drumsticks thinking I'd cook them tomorrow and we could also use them for lunches, but it's Friday tomorrow and we're away for the weekend. Not the end of the world as they freeze, but still :facepalm:

I bought some Knorr vegetable stock pots to take to my sister's for the hostilities so yesterday added one to 500g of sprouts and a can of cannellini beans ...
I won't do that again - so insanely salty - even drained .. largely celery salt and it repeated on me...
I was aiming to semi-fast - but unfortunately I finished off the apple cake...

Today I deliberately made the sprouts and beans bland,
Unfortunately there was muesli for dessert.

I very much need to kickstart my weightloss before it goes into reverse.

Have leftover roast chicken that needs using.
Currently torn between chicken, bacon, cream pasta (with some tarragon), or chicken, bacon, red pepper and pea rice.
Although the pasta dish, if I decide to do that, might be with some cream and some cream cheese, depending upon what needs using up. The rice dish requires neither.
Either way should be a good tea!

I also really ought to make curry for the fridge and freezer with the rest of the chicken, and some soup or stock with the carcass - I should get that done tonight as I am out tomorrow night and will probably get something to eat while I'm out. If I do it tonight I know it's all been used up and stored and I have meals for the next few days (or whenever if some of it goes in the freezer).

Change of plan - decided that was a bit ambitious and my better bet was just to turn all the chicken meat leftovers into curry rather than having a different meal tonight.
That way I know it's all been used in a delicious way, some for tonight, some in the fridge for Saturday, and some in the freezer for future.

So tonight will be chicken curry (I will probably tip the drizzle of leftover double cream into tonight's portion) and plain basmati.

Well..the past week was mostly finishing off the turkey etc.
Thursday I made a huge turkey curry with the leftovers and it went down well.
Yesterday was tit bits..as nobody felt like having a dinner.
Today was pasta parmesana and I ate a box of toffifees..🙂

Back
Top Bottom