Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

As mentioned on the festive thing you are doing now thread, I was contemplating a pigs in blankets traybake involving spuds and leftover carrots/parsnips/sprouts/cauli.
Am now considering doing most of that as a sausage and bacon casserole/stew type thing and having the rest of the veg roast or steamed on the side.
Haven't fully decided yet!

That has set off my trypophobia.
Oh that's a difficult one that is - I mean I have a ton of phobias but I can largely avoid them.
Stuff involving holes/textured/dimpled surfaces can crop up unexpectedly anywhere which must be a bit of a 'mare. :(

Oh that's a difficult one that is - I mean I have a ton of phobias but I can largely avoid them.
Stuff involving holes/textured/dimpled surfaces can crop up unexpectedly anywhere which must be a bit of a 'mare. :(
I think mine is more of a creepy fascination / disgust. I just avoid tripe and cheesemongers, bathroom sponges and loofahs.

Plus macaroni in cross section.

As mentioned on the festive thing you are doing now thread, I was contemplating a pigs in blankets traybake involving spuds and leftover carrots/parsnips/sprouts/cauli.
Am now considering doing most of that as a sausage and bacon casserole/stew type thing and having the rest of the veg roast or steamed on the side.
Haven't fully decided yet!

Stuck to my original plan and went with the pigs in blankets traybake - fucking lush, must do that again.
I had to add items at different times so that nothing overcooked, and had spuds and cauli at one end of the tray with just oil and salt, sprouts in the middle, graduating up to other end of the tray with carrots, parsnips and PiBs drizzled in honey and sprinkled with thyme.

Stuck to my original plan and went with the pigs in blankets traybake - fucking lush, must do that again.
I had to add items at different times so that nothing overcooked, and had spuds and cauli at one end of the tray with just oil and salt, sprouts in the middle, graduating up to other end of the tray with carrots, parsnips and PiBs drizzled in honey and sprinkled with thyme.
Lush.

Leftover roasted Med veg with chopped leftover chestnuts in a pie, with leftover puff pastry lid. Will have with garlic and rosemary roast spuds, steamed cauli and a smidge of veggie gravy.

A 2 pudding day, cos we've been out walking since 10am! So, a homemade sour cherry scone with homemade bramble jelly, then a fat slice of vegan pecan brownie with defrosted raspberries. Mmm!

Leftover roasted Med veg with chopped leftover chestnuts in a pie, with leftover puff pastry lid. Will have with garlic and rosemary roast spuds, steamed cauli and a smidge of veggie gravy.

A 2 pudding day, cos we've been out walking since 10am! So, a homemade sour cherry scone with homemade bramble jelly, then a fat slice of vegan pecan brownie with defrosted raspberries. Mmm!
Change of plan! Oiled and salted huge baked spuds, gratin not puff pastry pie, salad not cauli. Brain like a gazelle on billy!

Neeps and tatties mashed with butter. Some people add carrots / fried onion / chives / dripping as well or instead of butter.

There's a butchers in Kirkwall does a nice hagshot pie - pastry base and sides with haggis filling and clapshot on top.
Wasn't familiar with that particular name for it, but something I make and eat frequently nonetheless (we'd just call it potato and swede mash :D But I like the name clapshot and will use that from now on. OH doesn't like it mind, but I do it for myself )

Back
Top Bottom