Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

There are some brilliantly energetic chefs here - if only i had some of that. :)
Just me but I find doing multiple things at once helps, I like knowing the washing machine, tumble drier and 3 pans plus the air frier is on the go. Look how productive I am whilst mostly standing about stirring things occasionally, plus a film/series on as SO chops various bits. Same with things like my centre piece meal of porchetta, mostly its sat in the sous vide, gives plenty of time to make sides, get them prepped and ready for the oven, hasselback potatoes, caramelising onions on a spare ring, glazed carrots, SO's roasties since they are so much better than mine its not worth trying, etc etc. Slow cooking stuff is great for low effort, chops things up and throw it in, tada pulled pork whatever, do things while doing something else and time just goes. Prepped a massive pack of chicken bone in thighs, thats stock bones frozen, chicken skin air fried and whatever I am making with fattier long cook worth stuff added. Most of which happens while I am doing something else.

Air fried some sausages and small potatoes at mums, brought them home, heated them up. Made a small side salad with heritage tomatoes. No idea what we’ll have tomorrow, I need to cook something with a minimal amount of prep.

Early tea with OH before he heads to work tonight.

I made some loaded potato skins - cheese and spring onion. Slowly making our way through the potato glut caused by my ordering error.
I had a pork loin steak, and while it was resting I fried some mushrooms in the pan I cooked it in with some butter then deglazed it with a bit of brandy and added a small dollop of mustard
OH had a tuna steak and some fried asparagus
Onion rings for both of us, cos I need to make some room in the freezer before next week!

Mince pies for afters.

Chickpea curry with brown rice.

More fruitcake. I made the mistake of following up a slice of this delicious cake with a shop bought mince pie last night and the difference was huge in terms of quality. Erk. It was supposed to be a luxury mince pie but all I could taste was chemicals.

Hot dogs and chips.

That is what we had yesterday - veggie (Fry's) hot dogs for OH, some German pork ones I picked up in Lidl for me, in hot dog buns with onions and various condiments. Fries done in the air fryer.

This afternoon I will be doing a Chinese style pilaf type dish involving mushrooms and peppers that need using up. Might involve some cashews too.

He is saute-ing the vegetable stir fry and airfrying some fish fingers. Apparently this is a Nigella thing but he is replacing her rice with our udon thing. But adding her coconut milk thing.

To the OH this sounds like a Korean dish, vaguely. He lived with a Korean that used to eat fish fingers all the time apparently.

Back
Top Bottom