Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I am also having Ben & Jerry's. I've discovered the Netflix & Chill'd flavour - peanut butter ice cream, salty pretzels and brownie bits and I'm mildly obsessed. It's the saltyness.
I have to have the dairy free ones. There's a chocolate one with salty bits in that is lush. There's also a new coffee flavour one, that is the holy grail (I like coffee flavour things and they have been slowly disappearing my whole life) but it's got all this whipped nonsense on top instead of just a solid tub of ice cream :mad:

I LOVE peanut butter but don't like pnb ice cream.

Damn now I want pie.

We ate the curry my son and I prepared on Sunday but it was a bit meh, all the more annoying because it was our first tamarind curry. Nice enough though!

I have to have the dairy free ones. There's a chocolate one with salty bits in that is lush. There's also a new coffee flavour one, that is the holy grail (I like coffee flavour things and they have been slowly disappearing my whole life) but it's got all this whipped nonsense on top instead of just a solid tub of ice cream :mad:

I LOVE peanut butter but don't like pnb ice cream.
I actually got the vegan version, it was good.

Last night I had rice with bacon, garlic, peas, chilli and herbs in, very low effort and actually less effort than prepping spuds and cooking a frozen pie.

Tonight I feel worse so I've had a chocolate orange doughnut (not sure if my taste buds have been affected but it just tasted really sweet and sickly) and pack of salt n shake crisps which were required to counteract the doughnut.

Hope I have a bit more energy and appetite tomorrow.

Still ill.
I went out to buy some soup, when I got back I asked OH if he wanted to split a tin of lentil soup with me, he said "only if you heat it and butter bread for me, I like 3 or 4 slices, I don't have time I have to shave for work"
I said that I was ill and didn't have the energy and went to prop myself up on the sofa in front of the TV.
15 minutes later he comes in with a massive plate of 3 jacket potatoes with butter, baked beans and cheese.
I asked him if I could have some and he screamed at me "I'M HUNGRY" (because it is always framed as being my fault if he's not had anything to eat) and ate the whole lot in front of me.
I'd not had hot food in 2 days at that point, if I'd had the energy he'd have ended up fucking wearing it.

After he'd left I managed to nuke some Heinz ravioli in tomato sauce so I have eaten now, but I am still fucking fuming.
You all know from my posts how much effort I put in to make sure he has nice meals on a more or less daily basis (he says "it wouldn't be so much effort if you didn't make a different meal for yourself" - er no, if I'm cooking then it's you I'm making a different meal for if you don't want what I am having myself), but because I haven't for a couple of days he blames me if he hasn't eaten, and acts like a prick if I ask him to do something for me in return when I am ill.

Rant over.

I had stir fry.

Recipes always emphasise how quick and fast it is to prepare and cook a stir fry.

By the time I’ve chopped everything, put it all into neat little piles and dishes in the order I want to cook it, mixed the sauce, lined up the oils and unguents, prepared the rice or noodles, it is categorically not a quick meal.

The stir frying is fast, so fast it can feel like a race.

It was good though.

Back
Top Bottom