Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Decided I need to clear out the freezer st mums, there were two of those M&S slow cooked meat thingies in there, I buy them whenever they’re reduced and freeze them, but I’d stored them without the boxes. But which was lamb and which was pork? Planned to cook what I thought was pork, with a soy dressing, then serve with noodles and stir fried cabbage and ginger. El jugs and I sniffed them thoroughly, yes thats the pork, put it in the oven, 20 mins later, check it, oh no! Its lamb! So I had to put the prepped veg in Tupperware in the fridge and start a roast dinner. Everything is now out of sync. Lamb was done 15 mins ago, parmentier potatoes are in the oven, still, but I just switched it off. Green beans are still simmering but hard as nails. Fucksake. I want my tea, I’m trashed, I woke up from a 2 hour kip on the couch to make this and I still want my bed.

Decided I need to clear out the freezer st mums, there were two of those M&S slow cooked meat thingies in there, I buy them whenever they’re reduced and freeze them, but I’d stored them without the boxes. But which was lamb and which was pork? Planned to cook what I thought was pork, with a soy dressing, then serve with noodles and stir fried cabbage and ginger. El jugs and I sniffed them thoroughly, yes thats the pork, put it in the oven, 20 mins later, check it, oh no! Its lamb! So I had to put the prepped veg in Tupperware in the fridge and start a roast dinner. Everything is now out of sync. Lamb was done 15 mins ago, parmentier potatoes are in the oven, still, but I just switched it off. Green beans are still simmering but hard as nails. Fucksake. I want my tea, I’m trashed, I woke up from a 2 hour kip on the couch to make this and I still want my bed.

It'll be lovely when it's done, if you're anything like me a nice plate of food and you'll feel glad you went to the effort (not that I always do go to the effort but I ought to if I'm feeling knackered cos some nice grub tends to make me feel better iykwim).
Then nice kip when fed will be better than waking up hungry and tummy rumbling in the middle of the night. :)

(And yeah I've done the mystery meat thing a few times myself).

Early one for me today, OH has back to back shifts which is insane but definitely needed fuel before leaving for his first shift this evening - so we had a bit of a roast - pork chop for me, tuna steak for him, roast spuds, steamed broccoli, fried mushrooms, gravy.

I really should try to eat early more often, it's nice sitting down knowing I don't have to do anything for the rest of the evening! And I've got bread for sarnies or a mini xmas pud (left over from last year) in case I get peckish later and want a snack.

Late one tonight, again due to OH's back to back shifts - first thing he is going to want to do when he gets in is sleep but will be hungry later.

I am doing:
Fish and spinach curry (hot one)
Chicken curry (milder)
Tarka daal
Pilau rice
I also might do some spiced roast potatoes, cauli and broc as we have all those things in that need using and why not, can just bung them in a big roasting dish.

This will be for 2 or 3 nights worth of food btw, not all for tonight :D

Back
Top Bottom