Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Could you post the recipe for this if you have one, please? I seem to always end up making the same curry even when I'm not trying to, could do with a few different recipes to try for a change.
I don't have a recipe, it was an ad lib thing using curry paste and a few additional spices.

Recipe for mushroom pies please!
I make it up based on Mrshakes current dietary needs…

This one was a kilo of assorted mushroom copped up and fried in olive oil. Add some soy sauce, tomato purée And Vegemite and let bubble away. Add some rice flour mixed with cold water to thicken and then veg stock. Bubble away again and let reduce. Cool, add breadcrumbs and then still in a blind baked pie base and bake for 30-40 minutes..

Probably bean chili from the other night, must get more chickpeas soaking for another curry tho and remember to roast veg tomorrow. I also have lost an entire squash somewhere?

Yesterday I was supposed to be having a roast dinner at the parents with them, my brother and niece and nephew (chicken breast for the carnivores, nut roast for the vegans) but I came down with a cold which I couldn't expose my mum to so I stayed at home and instead OH and I had an impromptu early tea before he went to work of red onion, tomato and cheese frittata with crushed roasted new potatoes and salad and I had some fried mushrooms cos they needed using up. It was OK but I was really looking forward to the family roast dinner with my folks.

Tonight was supposed to be Chinese Fakeaway, but by the time we'd been to the GP surgery and waited ages for OH to get his flu jab, to the supermarket to do some grocery shopping, and back home via the pub, it was too late to realistically make a start on that (especially since I hadn't cooked and chilled any rice for the egg fried rice which I will instead do tonight), so I'll do that tomorrow.

So tonight instead we are having Sausage (pork Cumberlands for me, Quorn Bangers for OH) beans and chips, I'll have some fried mushrooms on the side and if he behaves himself I might fry him an egg to go with his.

Baked salmon, cauliflower and potatoes, steamed broccoli and kale. Vegan kit kat.

I also made a chicken, cauli, butternut and sweet potato curry and some nandos chicken (they do these bags that are :cool:) so work lunches and dinners are sorted for the week.

Nope, weather's changed - it's all dark and dreary and rainy now so it is penne arrabiatta with black olives and cheese on top instead.

Thai style fakeaway here tonight - a chicken and cashew and mushroom dish for me, a prawn and peppers one for OH plus fried rice.

Back
Top Bottom