Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Kitchen foraging tonight, see what needs using, what I can be bothered to make. Maybe pizzas or pasta if we have eggs to go. Got a bunch of bacon in too so could do some turnover type things. Will see when we stick a film on and I go exploring.

We've ended up with lots of bread because both of us each bought a loaf of sliced white, lack of shopping list communication was at fault. We've also got finger rolls.

So in a minute (waiting for my butter to soften in front of the warm TV screen so I can spread it) we're going to have tea #1 of cheese salad sarnies.

Mine will be butter on the bread, cheddar, cucumber, lettuce and sweet pickle. His will be mayonnaise, cheddar, cucumber, tomato and lettuce, he may have sweet pickle too.

Tea #2 later will be sausages (pork Cumberland for me, Quorn bangers for him) in finger rolls with onions, ketchup and mustard. Potato salad (involving potato, red onion, celery, apple, in a mayonnaisey dressing) on the side.

I cooked up a surviving winter squash from last year.
I'm not sure I see much point in it.
I liked its earthy blandness when I ate it as it was, but it got lost even with a minimal amount of other flavours.
And annoying because I had to boil some water to get the skin off and I didn't feel like using the water afterwards...

Chicken (hardly any, like a small handful of leftover roast meat), lentil and butternut squash curry, plus a made up Bombay potatoes using up a leftover jacket spud. Very nice and racked up decent veg intake for the day as I've been rubbish recently :oops:

Not sure if I can manage any tea tonight,Was sick yesterday and through the night and this morning,so feeling a bit weak.🤮
Feel the same here, have had awful stomach pain since about 2am and feeling really nauseas.

If I do eat it will either be soup or the 2nd half of the roast from y/day. The beef we had was one of the nicest bits of beef I’ve had in ages, it came as part of one of those M&S dine in for 2 thingys.

Kitchen foraging tonight, see what needs using, what I can be bothered to make. Maybe pizzas or pasta if we have eggs to go. Got a bunch of bacon in too so could do some turnover type things. Will see when we stick a film on and I go exploring.
Turned out to be 'stuffed' crust double base pizza things made with tortillas, some pizza sauce I had frozen, polish garlic sausage, sausage meat I bought for things I didn't make that needed to go, red and green jalapenos, cheddar and provolone. Very tasty, not much to it tho. Tonight no idea, maybe bacon and eggs, bacon in an omelette in a wrap with cheese and things, some freezer chili and rice in a wrap with coriander and bits. Depends on the state of my hands, what I can be bothered with and how loud everything is by the time I get round to it.

Back
Top Bottom