Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I just discovered that Pringles have brought out two new flavours - Pulled pork burger and DONER KEBAB! :cool:

This was one of the reviews -

Go for it! Not as bad as you think.​

5 stars
A Tesco Customer28th May 2021
These were surprisingly good! I picked them up on Clubcard price and for £1.50 I can't really complain. They taste eerily like a cheap doner kebab you'd grab on a night out, and whilst that sounds horrendous, the balance of flavours and seasonings make these astonishly good crisps. I also found these quite moreish, and I would definitely buy another can! :)

:D

Have ordered some with Friday's shop :thumbs:

I've taken some rump steak out the freezer but the fridge is bare so not sure what to have with it.
Might make up some couscous with frozen peas and roasted peppers (roasting is about all they're fit for now).
I really need to go food shopping

ETA: I remembered I had a fajita kit in the cupboard, so it'll be steak and red pepper fajitas :thumbs:

Last edited:
The LAST Mindful Chef box recipe as I've packed it in since discovering fucking Nestle bought them (and struggling with too many beans).

Anyway it was a good one - butterbean, tomato, fennel and potato harissa bake thing. Yoghurt and maple syrup for afters to try and dilute the beans a bit.

I may have some withdrawal symptoms. It's definitely been better dinners than I would have had ordinarily, both taste wise but particularly health wise. I'll just have to try and carry on in the same vein.

The LAST Mindful Chef box recipe as I've packed it in since discovering fucking Nestle bought them (and struggling with too many beans).

Anyway it was a good one - butterbean, tomato, fennel and potato harissa bake thing. Yoghurt and maple syrup for afters to try and dilute the beans a bit.

I may have some withdrawal symptoms. It's definitely been better dinners than I would have had ordinarily, both taste wise but particularly health wise. I'll just have to try and carry on in the same vein.

I've not tried any of these box meal thingys but if it would help, is it something that you could browse through to see what you WOULD have picked and then just nick the recipe/ingredients list from? :hmm:

We're having tandoori chicken thighs/quorn fillet, rice and coconut dhal with a tomato and onion salad.
Pear and almond cake with squirty cream for pudding.

I've not tried any of these box meal thingys but if it would help, is it something that you could browse through to see what you WOULD have picked and then just nick the recipe/ingredients list from? :hmm:

Yes and no... I have the last 4 months' recipe booklets so could refer to those, but it's partly about being able to buy small amounts of lots of different ingredients. Two teaspoons of harissa, one carrot, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, that sort of thing. It would be a fiddly way to shop for one person, or you'd need a vast library of unusual ingredients.

One of my fav dishes.
Missus isn’t bothered about Ackee so we rarely cook it, but we have a great Caribbean 5 mins walk away and theirs is incredible.
I'm quite partial to ackee. I always think it might make a good substitute for scrambled eggs. I've got a tin in the cupboard waiting for me to try it but not got round to it.

Back
Top Bottom