Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yesterday was fish cake, chips and mushy peas in the park.

Today fusilli bol: soya mince bolognese with carrots, kale and sundried tomatoes, with red lentil fusilli and a mock parmesan sprinkle of ground almonds with nutritional yeast, black pepper, salt and olive oil. Delicious. Trying to emulate the recipe box and this was a good effort, although not sure how I'd fare if the calories/portion size were measured.

We're on garlic and herb tortelloni, with a shop-bought tom and mascarpone sauce that I'm gonna pimp with some pesto and extra garlic/parmesan. Flat garlic bread and a pea shoot salad to go with.

More of that absolutely gorgeous vanilla cheesecake from the Asda.

Last night was roasted Jersey royals, baked beans and a selection of stuff from the freezer that needed using up: spicy beanburger for me, breaded basa for Mr B and chicken kiev for the boy.

Tonight is a recipe box dinner - chermoula chicken with zhoug couscous and veggies

Griddled courgette, red pepper, spring onion and asparagus in wraps with lemon juice and tahini. Wedges.

Une petite madeleine au citron.

Yesterday was homemade pizzas (olive/onion/tomatoes/mozz/cheddar and anchovy/onion/mozz/cheddar) with baby plum tomatoes. Grapes, kiwi and Malteasers for pudding.

Today is chickpea and potato curry (with a Hake fillet to share between my/my son's portion), coconut dhal, rice and naan. Salted caramel cheesecake for pudding.

He's out so I'm gonna do a king prawn stirfry, with baby corn, onions, green pepper, garlic, chilli, garlic, lime, and coriander. Oh, and seaweed, cos someone left a couple of packs free in the works kitchen, and I've not had it for years.

Gonna go for a walk after work, so will hopefully pick up some Magnum ice cream bars, cos am craving them.

Back
Top Bottom