Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I really need to get on and do something, I think a Spanish(ish) style stew type deal with chicken leftovers, chorizo, tomatoes, green pepper, green beans, onion, garlic, herbs. With some plain rice.

It will be leftover chicken cacciatore. I used to make it all the time, then felt ashamed of my limited repertoire, so stopped doing it. However it was back yesterday.
Steamed spuds, also leftover.

I was going to have a fish finger sarnie, cooked the fish fingers for myself and OH, got the bread out and discovered mould :(

I'd have gone with chips and beans from the start if I'd realised bread for both of us wasn't an option.

Anyway we had a bap so as OH is working tonight I gave him the bap and all the fish fingers and I'll do myself something different later.

Oh my fucking god! Linda McCartney veggie meatballs are insane. I can't believe they're not meat!
Ty for the heads up, OH used to like the quorn ones but can't get them anywhere these days. Tried the Iceland vegan ones and they were rank. Will give the Lindas a go, it would be nice to surprise him with spaghetti and "meatballs" in a spicy tomato sauce, as we haven't had that meal for ages due to lack of quorn balls.

As for tonight, after my fish finger sarnie disappointment earlier I visited the supermarket (Iceland) on the way back from topping up the gas card. I picked up some bread, but they have stopped doing the 8 for £1 Birds Eye fish fingers and now only stock the 10 for £3 ones, which is no longer a reasonable lunch/tea budget for something that is really quite crap!

Instead I am having toad in the hole with chips and green beans.

We've had two days of 'picky' bits for dinner, which is just an excuse to eat crisps and dip.
I need vegetables and so we're having a spicy chicken and peanut stir-fry with noodles.

An Extreme mango and passion fruit cone for pudding. They're amazing but I'm only buying them when they're on offer.

Back
Top Bottom