Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

The rest of my bolognese. OH ate his second portion with some spaghetti when he got in from work this morning, so as I was only seeing to a meal for myself tonight I did some fusilli to go with the rest of the sauce - I like a change from time to time.

An Iceland ham pizza - it was absolutely rank, i knew they had changed the recipe but my god that was awful. There really is less and less reason to shop there, prices aren't low like they used to be and quality has gone to shit.

Made up for it by drinking half a bottle of retsina.

An Iceland ham pizza - it was absolutely rank, i knew they had changed the recipe but my god that was awful. There really is less and less reason to shop there, prices aren't low like they used to be and quality has gone to shit.

Made up for it by drinking half a bottle of retsina.
Oops. I did a shocked smiley but on reflection, I realise that’s the wine not the spirit. Was probably thinking of raki/ouzo. Drank a lot of that one time. Never again. Probably the most brutal punishing hangover I’ve ever had.

I haven't fully decided yet, I have a pack of chicken legs so might do a couple of those in a one pot sort of thing, baked or on the hob with either rice or orzo. I've also got both red and white onions, lemons, olives and garlic and a bit of white wine left in a bottle - so am thinking along a Greek theme.

I also have the makings for a Greek salad to go with it. Starting to feel hungry now thinking about it and just casually googling similar recipes to check cooking times and get other ideas.

(We were supposed to be having Greek food last night but we went to the pub late afternoon and I didn't have time to prep a load of Meze type dishes before Eurovision so we had frozen pizza instead that wasn't very nice. But I'll save the Halloumi and Calamari for when OH is eating too, probably when he gets in from work in the morning, he loves them).

Back
Top Bottom