Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yes please, blow by blow account of the contents of the boxes, it looks amazing (birthday/celebration afternoon tea?)

Veggie or meaty? It was bought in/ delivered for a special occasion.
Egg gougere, Coronation chicken, cucumber and asparagus and truffle brioche.
A plain scone, fig jam, clotted cream.
orange and Chantilly cheesecake, cranberry battenburg, chocolate and coffee tart with rum ganache, lemon marshmallow.
served on a lemon tablecloth. The pink fizz was English Nyetimber from a supermarket.

I am going to walk down to the mobile chip van as I believe it visits the village in half an hour, primarily going to have a look and maybe get chatting to people!
I'd love it if we had a mobile chip wagon that did good chips. The last one I remembered was near my secondary school which also sold glue bags on the side. :hmm:

If you want afternoon tea with a nice view hash tag you can do worse than the Midland Hotel in Morecambe. Lovely sandwiches and cakes too, and you can admire the architecture of the designer who apparently had dubious habits throughout the building.

If you want afternoon tea with a nice view hash tag you can do worse than the Midland Hotel in Morecambe. Lovely sandwiches and cakes too, and you can admire the architecture of the designer who apparently had dubious habits throughout the building.
Took the out laws to stay there for a few nights many years ago. The wind! We couldn't stand up straight and had to hang on to Eric and Ernie so as not to get blown away. Magnificent looking hotel, great views not sure it quite cut it.

We're having spaghetti bolognese tonight :)
Followed by doughnuts.

(All to take place quite late though, OH is working at the doughnut factory again today and he won't be home for a couple of hours yet).

Back
Top Bottom