Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Nope! Risotto tonight :) Looking forward to eating it but dislike having to stand at the oven cooking it

I’ve found that all that stuff about adding a ladle full of stock at a time is tedious and pretty unnecessary (given all the difference it makes to to the end product). I just add the stock all at once, leave it on low heat for 15 mins then return, turn up the heat and do all the stirring as it reduces before adding the cheese. No discernible difference ime and I love a risotto - frequently finishing it with a poached egg in the middle and a dash of balsamic vinegar 🙂

We’ve been really good with planning meals, using our Gousto box and massively reducing the takeaways we buy.
Last night was beef empanadas, chimichurri mayo and chips.
tonight I fancy a big and dirty dominos.

My recipe box arrived yesterday and I was planning on making smoky fishcakes, spring greens and curried mayo, but the sun was shining so I sat in the garden with a beer and we had a dominoes delivery :oops: :D

Fishcakes tonight... probably :hmm:

My recipe box arrived yesterday and I was planning on making smoky fishcakes, spring greens and curried mayo, but the sun was shining so I sat in the garden with a beer and we had a dominoes delivery :oops: :D

My good plans came to nothing, too, so I had a pork pie and Noilly Prat, followed by an early night.

Good choice. I’m currently eating cold pizza and bbq dip so lunch was sorted too. 👍
Think we’ll have cheesy pasta tonight.

Big stew thing in the slow cooker, pork, various beans, lots of leeks, turnips, spuds and a whole shed load of paprika. I'm getting slightly nervous that I might be waiting till late for the root veg. :hmm:

I still cba to make those fishcakes, I'm so sick of meal planning and cooking atm.
Going to do a cheats kedgeree - microwave a pouch of Uncle Ben's onion bahji rice and flake in the cooked fish and a some spring onions.

Back
Top Bottom