Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Baked aubergine with tomato and Parmesan
Was just eating this when the phone rang and my dad answered it! Do I sit here and moan about it while it gets cold or do i just crack on? I don’t understand other people.

You should - extra delicious and lovely with ice cream.
NB: Even if the outside feels lukewarmish, the inside will probably be scorching lava from hell.
I've sometimes wondered how hard it must be to make them - the ingredients are pretty straightforward after all. Maybe we need to engage in industrial espionage to get the recipe the main producer uses.

I've never thought to warm up dead fly pies - will have to try it.

I tried it once and now I can’t imagine eating an Eccles cake that’s not been warmed through.
Same with mince pies: can’t eat them cold.

Warm Eccles cake with some cheese... mmmmm.

Mince pies, I flip off the lid and add in the dairy (cheese or brandy butter etc) then replace the lid and finis( warming it up.

Tonight’s tea was a soup I made a week or two ago and then froze,

Potato celery carrot coriander seeds white pepper cumin cashew nuts onions garlic, and coarse chopped fresh parsley stirred through it and cooked for a few minutes before serving . Served with Comte cheese slivers melting on top.

I tried it once and now I can’t imagine eating an Eccles cake that’s not been warmed through.
Same with mince pies: can’t eat them cold.

Warm Eccles cake with some cheese... mmmmm.

Mince pies, I flip off the lid and add in the dairy (cheese or brandy butter etc) then replace the lid and finis( warming it up.

Your mince pie tip will be my breakfast!!!! Cheese incoming now 😁

I had crab and prawn filled pasta from Lidl with some kale, two truffles from the advent calendar (didn't eat the day before yesterday's) and some birthday ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom