Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I watched that snackmasters programme where two top chefs have to recreate fast food and then be judged against the real thing. The episode I saw was replicating domino's pizza.......so.....

I'm waiting for a tops pizza Calafornia- feta, spinach, sundried tomatoes and red onion.

Chicken curry with rice..
Trying to make some space for Christmas food in the freezer. Wishing I had a chest freezer of any size at this stage. Looked online for a small one but they're all sold out. 😶

Half a dozen boiled eggs. Might have a flapjack for afters.

eta - I roughly timed myself, and it took less than ten minutes to eat the eggs so I can in principle eat 36 eggs an hour at least. The real rate would be higher as the eggs were hot after cooking so it took longer to peel them.

Last edited:
Got a load of salvaged veg yesterday - seriously it's like getting a free organic veg box (albeit with a very short best before date!) - very exciting. We got the following: 2 carrots, 2 avocadoes, 2 courgettes, a large yellow pepper, a red chilli, a baby aubergine, 3 apples, a punnet of blueberries, a large piece of ginger root, a cucumber, a lemon, a lime, 3 tomatoes, 4 chicken eggs and 2 duck eggs!

A lot of it needs to be used quickly, so tonight we will be having:

Garlic Ginger Glazed Sticky Pork (me) and a prawn version for OH
Stir fried veg (using the courgettes, carrots, pepper, chilli from above, plus mushrooms, onions and celery which we already had)
Egg fried rice.

And today or tomorrow I need to make an apple and blueberry crumble

Back
Top Bottom