Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Home made tomato and red lentil soup, with buttered home made bread, and a side of avocado and some feta cheese that I found at the back of the fridge. Sometimes I leave avocados on the vegetable rack and they ripen too quickly, but if I put them in the fridge I forget they’re in there

Was going to do curry last night but remembered I had no onions! Really need to do a proper shopping trip soon.

I reheated the last of my roast chicken and had with mash, peas, gravy. For OH I did some veggie sausages, added some cheese to his portion of mash, and served it with tinned tomatoes.

Was going to do curry last night but remembered I had no onions! Really need to do a proper shopping trip soon.
While you're out shopping, as well as your usual fresh onions, buy a bag of frozen chopped onions.
Utterly genius thing to have in, for the avoidance of all curry, stew, bolognese and chilli disappointments in the future.

This....

Fruity beef casserole, with home made chunky chips.
The casserole is one I tried first a year ago. It features blackcurrant jam and is absolutely scrumptious. I've had it with crusty buttered bread too. It's really special.

This....

Fruity beef casserole, with home made chunky chips.
The casserole is one I tried first a year ago. It features blackcurrant jam and is absolutely scrumptious. I've had it with crusty buttered bread too. It's really special.

That looks right up my street. I shall be using that recipe. Thank you very much, Sugar Kane

Creamy mushroom sauce with that thick long pasta I’ve used 15 times in the last 1/3 of the year but forget the name of. Doh!

A couple of minutes into boiling my pasta the gas ran out. I nipped to the shop to charge my card, got the gas back on only to find that my pasta was now overcooked. So you don't need to boil for 12 minutes, you can bring to the boil and then take it off the heat and the pasta will still cook. Sadly I didn't record the time.

Back
Top Bottom