Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My stew was too big for the pot today so I had to press down on the pressure cooker lid to fit all the 1kg of carrots and 1kg of sprouts in.
Hopefully once the carrots and sprouts are mostly cooked I'll be able to squidge them down enough to fit the rest of the ingredients in - otherwise tonight's tea will be mushroom deficient - though I started it off with 50g of dried shitakes and it's cold now so the half kilo of agaricus will keep another day ...
When are you getting your own tv show?

Very disappointing takeaway of posh veggieburger. They always used to automatically include chips, without specifying this on the menu. The first time I ordered from them I ordered chips, obv, and ended up with two portions, and every time since I've got chips with it without ordering them separately.

This time there were no chips. They now deny that they ever included chips in the price.

I was extremely hungry so topped up a bit with oatcakes and cheese, and some cereal.

It wasn't quite what I'd had in mind and it was fucking expensive.

Almost free meal tonight due to some salvaged veg - so going to roast peppers, courgette, aubergine, onion, and a variety of tomatoes with herbs and olive oil and toss with some pasta.

Also got a couple of purple carrots which I'll parboil and freeze ready to be roasted to have with our Crimbo dinner, and a bulb of fennel which OH isn't keen on but I am sure I can quarter it and blanch and freeze ready for roasting as a side or lunch for myself at some point.

A "plougman's lunch" thing.

I want to make scotch eggs. I am planning to make some caramelised onion chutney too. I know I should give the chutney time to mature but I'm impatient. For the first lot at least.

I've got some nice vintage cheddar, some tomatoes, and some apples. Bread will be made this afternoon.

I hope it all comes together.

A "plougman's lunch" thing.

I want to make scotch eggs. I am planning to make some caramelised onion chutney too. I know I should give the chutney time to mature but I'm impatient. For the first lot at least.

I've got some nice vintage cheddar, some tomatoes, and some apples. Bread will be made this afternoon.

I hope it all comes together.
And some Irish butter!

Now I think about it the guy who lied about the chips lied about something else in a really stupid way on our local Facebook group. It's obviously what he does.

I really wanted those chips. Might do something with roast potatoes later.

I've got a small feta and red pepper pie in the oven and with have that with salad.

I'm also roasting baby carrots and crown prince squash in butter, olive oil, mixed spice, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and cayenne. Im going to whiz it up with a bit of sour cream for soup....

I had Calamari followed by lamb shank and rice, OH had Halloumi followed by spicy seafood stew and rice. Definitely a substantial meal and was therefore accompanied by some beer (Efes). Turkish coffee for afters.

We can't really afford to be eating out (and certainly not paying for a substantial meal rather than just going out for a couple of pints) but it was for a friend's birthday.

Saturday I made my first ever fish pie, not sure why I've never done one before, very happy with the results though.

Yesterday was roast pork with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots and cabbage.

Tonight is a cheat, with chicken korma using a jar of korma sauce!

Was not a weekend of healthy eating as we were decorating which meant we were unable to access the kitchen due to various bits of dust/painting and oiling. So Saturday was a delivery of chicken biryani, Parsi lamb, sag aloo and garlic naan, and yesterday was a Diavola and a Napoletana pizza :oops:

Tonight we shall have a stir fry with some actual vegetables :D

Back
Top Bottom