Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

PIBs?

Freezer-foraged leek and potato soup for me, as am out for a hygienist appt at 6.15. Will try to get the carrot and lentil soup on the go before I head out, so the fella's got sommat to eat too.

A "plougman's lunch" thing.

I want to make scotch eggs. I am planning to make some caramelised onion chutney too. I know I should give the chutney time to mature but I'm impatient. For the first lot at least.

I've got some nice vintage cheddar, some tomatoes, and some apples. Bread will be made this afternoon.

I hope it all comes together.
We ended up not making bread.

The scotch eggs, recipe from scotch egg thread, were good.

We will have it again.

No Bull pie, colcannon, onion gravy.

The pie was not bad - good pastry, filling slightly vinegary. I don't know why they do that with vegetarian pies. The Pieminster Kevin one is far too vinegary.

Chopped poached haddock mixed with rice, peas, cauliflower, courgette and orange peppers. A bowl of greek yogurt mixed with orange squash concentrate, a bowl of bran flakes with ground almonds and milk. A pint of decaffeinated tea.

The world's worst seafood noodles. Someone should inform the Guinness Book of Records. I really like the Chinese restaurant but it is a bit of a lucky dip.

I got a £10 off your first order thing through the door from Ubereats, so had my first takeaway in about two years last night. Falafel wrap, chips, a really nice beatroot salad, with a spicing that I couldn't quite figure out - there was cumin in it for sure, but there was much more. Also a spicy Kurdish salad as I had to take it over £15 to get the tenner off. Did the whole lot.

The veg shop was doing 3 plantain for a quid and avocados at 20p a pop today, so tonight I think I'll do a sort of plantain frittata and avocado salad as they're all ripe and need using pretty quickly

Yesterday I made cottage pie.
This evening we are having home made thai green curry with bismati rice. Followed by some boiled fruit cake that a friend dropped off.
I'm also making some apple crumble. Another friend dropped off some of her cooking apples. They look awful but make fantastic apple pie. I'm just not in the mood to make pastry. So crumble it will be.. with custard.

Back
Top Bottom