Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I can't decide, I suspect OH will be bringing home a veggie curry from work for himself, so I am only feeding myself.

The fact that it is 8pm and I can't decide/am not feeling enthusiastic about anything probably suggests that I will end up having toast if I get peckish later. Will report back if I have a flash of inspiration!

I'm now debating whether to get some sausages out of the freezer, they should be defrosted in time for when OH gets home from work, and I can have those and I can do some chips for us both, he won't say no to having some chips with the curry he is likely to come home with! (The place he is at tonight usually make him a meal to take home at the end of his shift).

Sausages are defrosting, if they aren't ready in time for tonight I can have egg and chips tonight and a sausage sarnie for breakfast so either way will be good :)

(I keep getting bargain price sausages off the reduced to clear shelf in Morrisons so always seem to have a glut in the freezer. Not sure which ones these are, I think I currently have a mix of Lincolnshires and Irish sausages).

Complete change of plan for me as OH came home loaded with leftover curry and rice, I had a meat curry that was lovely, he had potato and chickpea. We have some daal too that we couldn't manage tonight so he'll have that for lunch tomorrow and I'll have a sausage sarnie :D

I've bookmarked that cauli cheese recipe colacubes, looks lush.

Butter, cheese & coleslaw (in that precise order) is my favourite JP topping :thumbs:

Thai style pork rice bowl for us tonight
It really was. I had to make a few subs due to what I had in the cupboard (creme fraiche instead of cream, normal mustard instead of powder and red chillies instead of green) but it was dead tasty.

Went to the butcher's today to put in my Christmas order. While I was there I bought T bone steaks for Mum and Dad as it's their wedding anniversary this weekend. Fifty five years. Imagine! Seeing as there is no fear of taking them out for a dinner in a restaurant, they can have those with a nice bottle of red as a prezzie from me.
I went a bit mad and also bought a chicken, some mince, some lamb chops, a lot of lovely sausages and family steak pie. Most of that is now in the freezer, but it'll be steak pie and chips for me for tonight and the next few days. Bliss.

Back
Top Bottom