Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm trying to use up some odds and ends from the freezer, so tonight Mr B has a ham & mushroom tagliatelle ready meal, the boy has a burger and fries and I have a spicy bean burger with a load of roasted veg.

Sweet & sour pork (me) and prawns (OH).
Egg noodle chow mein type thing with mushroom/carrot/celery/onion/peppers
Vegetable spring rolls (these are purchased, I do sometimes make my own but I already have a lot of cooking to do tonight)
I also found a method of making "crispy seaweed" in an air fryer - I happen to have some kale that needs using so will give it a go!

Was supposed to be a quick curry tea, till we noticed the vegan cocktail sausages were out of date, so ended up being an epic of sausages, roasted sweet potato with harissa crème fraîche, roasted whole shallots and cherry tomatoes, steamed cabbage.

OK dinner last night was lovely, but I do need to report back on doing "crispy seaweed" in my air fryer, which was... interesting.

The method I found online said to toss the kale with oil, salt, and spices and air fry for 5 minutes on 180 C.

What happened was I pulled out the basket after 2 minutes to give it a shake and bits of burning kale shot across the kitchen at about 100 mph! Some of it was edible, but honestly I'd recommend a shorter time on a lower temp but I suspect other methods are still going to be better!

OK dinner last night was lovely, but I do need to report back on doing "crispy seaweed" in my air fryer, which was... interesting.

The method I found online said to toss the kale with oil, salt, and spices and air fry for 5 minutes on 180 C.

What happened was I pulled out the basket after 2 minutes to give it a shake and bits of burning kale shot across the kitchen at about 100 mph! Some of it was edible, but honestly I'd recommend a shorter time on a lower temp but I suspect other methods are still going to be better!
I've used kale, Chinese five spices, a drizzle of oil, and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Tossed together then put into a hot oven till done.

Bloodyhellfire. :eek:
I already thought I didn't like kale but your evidence here of it being an actual weapon has decided it for me. Hope no one got hit with any of it!
Kaleshnikov.

Back
Top Bottom