Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Spinach and ricotta tortellini in minestrone soup (leftover cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, passata, stock, parmesan rind, basil, cannellini beans). Not cooked this for a couple of years, proper looking forward to it!

Either a cinnamon roll or a slice of Victoria spongecake with a decaff tea for afters :thumbs:

I made the nigella lawson fish finger recipe. Easy, cheap and yummy..

Attachments

• 20201124_155635.jpg
    20201124_155635.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yeah - I love cooking but what with being on an even tighter budget than usual and the utter tedium of each long drawn out day sat on my ever-growing arse in front of the computer some days it just seems like too much effort to think about.

What is good about this thread is that it can provide some inspiration when I am feeling a bit "meh" about food

Somewhat contrarily, I was very industrious today - well, I have naff all else to do - and made a big pan of pasta sauce this afternoon. Some for today and tomorrow and the rest to be frozen in portions. I bet there is ten dinnersworth in it. Excellent.

Herby Polish sausage, butter beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, oregano and basil.

So that with pasta and a lot of cheese.

I know it's not the thread for posting random tweets but I concur so much with this

I feel the opposite way. It’s never anything but a joy for me. But I do plan ahead. Couldn’t decide what to eat on a daily basis - that would stress me out and I’d end up getting a sad ready meal. Every Wednesday night the files are consulted, the internet is scoured, seven days evening meals are thrashed out and a shopping list is generated. Love every stage of it. It’s sometimes the only thing that will save my mental health that day.

I feel the opposite way. It’s never anything but a joy for me. But I do plan ahead. Couldn’t decide what to eat on a daily basis - that would stress me out and I’d end up getting a sad ready meal. Every Wednesday night the files are consulted, the internet is scoured, seven days evening meals are thrashed out and a shopping list is generated. Love every stage of it. It’s sometimes the only thing that will save my mental health that day.

I do enjoy that approach but any planning is usually undone by the Morrison's reduced to clear shelf :D

The only time I feel like that tweet is when I'm depressed. It's one of the big signs for me. I love cooking and eating good food most of the time, and planning it too.

Exactly, it's a sign that I'm quite low, psychologically speaking. Like - last night I just got pissed and listened to music and couldn't be arsed to either cook or eat, it's not a good sign for anyone that, is it :D

Back
Top Bottom