Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night my Egyptian themed meal happened and went down a treat - Foul Mudammas with red onion, tomato, chilli and parsley topping, spiced chicken skewers for me and falafels for OH, Egyptian rice, tahini sauce, hot chilli sauce (kebab shop style) and pitta bread.

We have some foul left over so I think I will just stir the toppings into it and heat through as a side for tonight. I am being indecisive about dinner tonight, but am leaning towards tagine (chicken and cauliflower for me, pollock and kale for him) with lemon rice - I feel that would go well with the leftover foul, bit of salad too.

Chicken, courgette, mushroom onion done in the wok with some hot sauce lingering in the fridge, mixed in some smoked paprika and crushed chillis too - and consequently added some grated cheese as a bit too spicy

Couple of satsumas afterwards, now eying up some wine and maybe some Viennese fingers

Was meant to be a delicious takeaway, but I left work too late and the place was closed anyway. So instead it is a Co-op ready meal curry which already looks uninspiring.
You don’t have any frozen meals in the freezer? I always keep one or two on hand for just such an emergency...

Tonight will be two farm-fresh eggs scrambled, spicy sage sausage, roasted potatoes and a bagel 🥯 with onion cream cheese...

yes I am having breakfast for tea

We used to have fry-ups for breakfast all the time when I was a kid, but I was 13 before I realised some people actually include chips in that! I could never quite get to grips with the idea of chips for breakfast.

We used to have fry-ups for breakfast all the time when I was a kid, but I was 13 before I realised some people actually include chips in that! I could never quite get to grips with the idea of chips for breakfast.
Potatoes in any form can be served at anytime of day. A few years ago I woke up at 3am and had a strong craving for chips/fries so I fried some up (with ketchup of course)

Last night was a aubergine & potato bake with green lentils & mushrooms.

Tonight is various veg curry bought from a local sweet place. I know we have saag paneer but not sure on rest. With rice & nan from nan shop that does 4 freshly made for a pound!

Back
Top Bottom