Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm on day two of two weeks of overtime, staggering through the dark streets to start at 7am, then cooking 25 kilos of (dry) pasta before my normal start time - which involves lugging massive pans of boiling water and pasta backwards and forwards to the sinks - draining the hot water into new pans, lugging them back to the stove, then cooling the pasta to tip into HUGE tins - which also get carried back to the cooker once they're full. I am fucking BROKEN today. :D
Luckily I factored 'broken' into this weeks meal plan :thumbs: so last night was a veg blackbean stir fry and microwaved Singapore noodles, with some prawns for me and the boy, and today is the Higgedy cauli cheese quiche with a few oven chips and a tomato and avocado 'salad'. Chocolate, in bed, for pudding.

Our official tea was pie and peas.

From this I also made a cpl of (Quickes) cloth bound butter cheddar, vinegar drenched pastry (with a drizzle of pie juice) and pea sandwiches side to have with the pie and peas.

My wife asked me why, I had no answer. Heart burn lingers but my conscious is clear.

Day 2 Spag Bol was really good. It always is after 24 soaking in it's own juices isn't it? Dunno why I don't always cook then eat it the next day.
yes badgers, i always make extra sauce for leftover spag bol. Apparently the pasta absorbs all the liquid when sitting in the fridge and it gets a bit dry. Sometimes i add a bit of water to rejuvinate it

Back
Top Bottom