Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Roast chicken legs and thighs, roast potatoes etc

I fucking love this single lark, I can have roast dinners every day of the week! :D

I ended up having mushroom tom kha soup which was LUSH. had to stop myself from eating both portions... himself hasn't come home yet and am tempted to polish it off :oops:

Home-made beef stew with tofu/ dumplings.

Been experimenting alot with this new pressure cooker.
Amazing!!!!

Poorly girlfriend so did one of her favourites - pasta with spicy tomato and lentil sauce.

Tonight - going to visit an old reggae journalist record collector for food and tunes.

oooh mash... maybe I'll pop to shops on the way home - I fancy mash with something. Mash, peas and gravy would do me :D

Chicken, chorizo and chick pea casserole - recently introduced into Cafe Numbers and easily one of the nicest things I've ever eated.

I succumbed to the mash trend last night. veggie saussies, peas, mustard mash and carrots. with lots of lovely onion gravy. mmmmmmmmm.

tonight is "road-food" as we're driving to Wales for our Wye Adventure...

pasta thingy with pesto and bacon with garlic bread and some sleep

I'm in quite a pudding mood though and can't think of what I would like.

Kemma Mutter (sp) - curried mince and peas. May also make some low fat onion bhajis (they are baked rather than fried and don't use any oil in the recipe. Not as tasty as proper bhajis but not bad). Plus a coupls of chapattis

We went to Cafe Rouge yesterday (Tesco vouchers ;) )....the boy had steak and chips, the girl chicken goujons and chips and I had duck with plum sauce, dauphinois potatoes and green beans. Strawberry sundae for her for pudding and we shared a chocolate brownie and ice cream sundae. Not fantastic or anything, but not bad either and definitely a welcome change from Pizza Express. :D

Just me tonight - spicy red snapper and a thai style salad. I have a fucking ton of tomatoes to use too - and more to pick :facepalm: - so I think I'll get on top of those by making a pasta sauce for freezing, too (they don't really go with tonights dinner and anyway, I need a day off from eating them :D ).

Dunno yet - packing and drinking wine tonight. Possibly pizza, maybe baked spuds, maybe something to do with leeks. Probably pizza though.

Back
Top Bottom