Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

His fans either don’t believe or don’t care that he raped somebody. Like they don’t believe or don’t care that he tried to overthrow democracy. When the Access Hollywood tapes were leaked in 2016 with him bragging about sexually assaulting women at will, I thought he was toast. How wrong I was. He was more or less right when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th avenue and not lose a fan.
His hardcore fans are as scummy and degenerate as he is....

president have immunity to legal action once in power and the ability to pardon themselves if remember correctly

mad the party of Lincoln is willing to cause a constational crisis by backing the gobshite

unless he wins he never accept the voting and he already talking the crazies into another frenzy before getting the nomination.

president have immunity to legal action once in power and the ability to pardon themselves if remember correctly

mad the party of Lincoln is willing to cause a constational crisis by backing the gobshite

unless he wins he never accept the voting and he already talking the crazies into another frenzy before getting the nomination.

They have immunity for actions related to their governance. Being able to pardon themself, isn't a settled issue. Most authorities I've read say they can't, but we all know that he'll try, and people will back him on it. It'll all end up before the Supreme Court, and I'm not certain how they'd rule.

Trump's defense is going to settle around the 1st amendment apparently. And you can lie under it.

and gives orders to overturn an election if he gets away with it ..

wonder if his codefendants are going to report that "where only following orders"..

Trump's defense is going to settle around the 1st amendment apparently. And you can lie under it.
I wonder whether they'll claim that's also true if you're under oath. Somehow I doubt that he'll be giving evidence in person though. Perhaps a record for number of times someone's pleaded the fifth coming up.

I wonder whether they'll claim that's also true if you're under oath. Somehow I doubt that he'll be giving evidence in person though. Perhaps a record for number of times someone's pleaded the fifth coming up.
I've watched a video of a dodgy Dershowtzy type right wing lawyer say it. I'll see if I can find the clip.

I think it's the only defence he's got.

Channel 4 news had an interview with Trump's spokeperson Liz Harrington last night that was pretty epic, she mentioned the Deep State and had a whole ream of 'alternative facts' to come out with. High level bullshit, how the interviewer didn't lose his cool I don't know.

I also think he's going to get the party nomination and it's going to be a election resembling a brewing civil war.

and gives orders to overturn an election if he gets away with it ..

wonder if his codefendants are going to report that "where only following orders"..
It's a fairly established principle that this isn't a blanket defence.

And the First Amendment does not protect actions, just words.

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be any good outcome. If he loses his criminal cases, it just shows the Deep State is at work...

People keep saying: 'What if Trump wins the nomination?' (The prosecution has already handed the demagogue an extra megaphone.)
'And wins the Presidency?' (Either the prosecution is halted or he's pardoned?)

At this stage it looks likely he'll win the nomination but there are still plenty of long weeks in politics ahead. But as knowledgeable commentators point out, there is a ceiling to his support, so he might not win either of them.

But what if (admittedly looking less likely) he loses the nomination or Presidency but wins his criminal cases? (It's trial by jury so heaven knows how long it will take to empanel them, let alone hear the evidence or arguments.)

What happens to the 'ceiling' of support then? :eek:

But what if (admittedly looking less likely) he loses the nomination or Presidency but wins his criminal cases? (It's trial by jury so heaven knows how long it will take to empanel them, let alone hear the evidence or arguments.)

What happens to the 'ceiling' of support then? :eek:

I wouldn't think it makes much difference tbh. His base seems pretty fixed regardless, I don't think 'not getting convicted' is going to cause a sudden surge. And in this scenario what's he going to do - is he standing yet again in four years, in his eighties with two consecutive defeats behind him?

I wouldn't think it makes much difference tbh. His base seems pretty fixed regardless, I don't think 'not getting convicted' is going to cause a sudden surge. And in this scenario what's he going to do - is he standing yet again in four years, in his eighties with two consecutive defeats behind him?
Good point. I was thinking it might move some of the more sceptical Republicans to support him, but most of all enrage the type who attacked the Capitol and spur them on to worse.

ETA I wasn't thinking of the democratic process and the 2028 election at all.

Good point. I was thinking it might move some of the more sceptical Republicans to support him, but most of all enrage the type who attacked the Capitol and spur them on to worse.

ETA I wasn't thinking of the democratic process and the 2028 election at all.
I think that the Jan 6 stuff was quite a shock to the system. I really don't believe that they'd allow it to get that far again. A bigger risk might be that the Authorities overreact if there's a next time.

I think that the Jan 6 stuff was quite a shock to the system. I really don't believe that they'd allow it to get that far again. A bigger risk might be that the Authorities overreact if there's a next time.
Trump complains that it's the democrats coming after him and how it's not the American way, but he was all for jailing Clinton...

I think the pathetic nature of the jan 6 coup shows just how disorganized the "trump base", i.e. His most hardcore support. Do people really think there are millions of American who became radicalized into being pro-trump because of the reaction to Jan 6 by the "Deep State"? I imagine that if such people exist they're a statistical irrelevancy in terms of both the electorate and even republican party members.

On a complete tangent, but what happens in the UK if someone refuses to take an oath or affirmation?

If for example, a witness were to declare 'I am here under the threat of penalty, I do not wish to give evidence, and will not give an undertaking to tell the truth'?

Back
Top Bottom