Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

It's a clever strategy - cornering the market in the self-loathing demographic. Trump tells the crowd that he wouldn't have come to their shithole of a town if it wasn't for the virus but now he thinks he's in trouble so please vote for me you losers. :thumbs:

bizzare. has he given up and is now just going through the motions? looking forward to chilling on his golf course?

The Trump administration is considering declaring that several prominent international NGOs — including Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and Oxfam — are anti-Semitic and that governments should not support them, two people familiar with the issue said.

The proposed declaration could come from the State Department as soon as this week. If the declaration happens, it is likely to cause an uproar among civil society groups and might spur litigation. Critics of the possible move also worry it could lead other governments to further crack down on such groups. The groups named, meanwhile, deny any allegations that they are anti-Semitic.

The Trump administration is considering declaring that several prominent international NGOs — including Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and Oxfam — are anti-Semitic and that governments should not support them, two people familiar with the issue said.
Everyone else says "Fuck off Trump." :mad:

The President just posted this, he thinks it makes him look good.
I watched until the bit where he STILL goes on about how if they didn't do any tests they'd have no cases.

Gutted!!!

Trumps twitter password was maga2020!

If I'd guessed this I would have done something naughty :D

I'm a bit astonished that no one else tried it first.
internet people, we are slipping...
e2a: no one else before that enterprising dutch fella, that is

Last edited:
It's a clever strategy - cornering the market in the self-loathing demographic. Trump tells the crowd that he wouldn't have come to their shithole of a town if it wasn't for the virus but now he thinks he's in trouble so please vote for me you losers. :thumbs:

They're used to such treatment

The order specifically targets policy-related career positions, a move critics say will enable the administration to fire employees that may question their policies.

“By targeting federal workers whose jobs involve government policies, the real-world implications of this order will be disastrous for public health, the environment, the defense of our nation, and virtually every facet of our lives,” Everett Kelley, president of the American Federation of Government Employees, the largest federal employee union, said in a release.

“Through this order, President Trump has declared war on the professional civil service by giving himself the authority to fill the government with his political cronies who will pledge their unwavering loyalty to him – not to America," Kelley added.

Trump’s order creates a new category of federal employment, Schedule F, and gives agencies 90 days to determine which policy-related positions should attain the new status. Those employees could then be removed for performance reasons without the opportunity to contest the decision or rely on union representation.

New York and its fellow cities branded anarchist jurisdictions by the Trump administration will file a lawsuit Thursday challenging a move to pull their federal funds.

The Justice Department last month slapped the label on New York, Seattle, and Portland, saying they could lose federal funding because the administration believes they have failed to rein in “violence and destruction of property” on their streets. The “anarchist jurisdiction” designation came after President Donald Trump ordered the DOJ to identify cities that, in his view, were not responding aggressively enough to protests and crime — amid a larger rhetorical attack on blue states the president has deemed politically unsupportive.

Probably deserves a thread of its own, what with the increase in anti-abortion laws not just confined to the US . Anyway, seems the Trump administration is happy to cosy up to countries with poor records in treatment of women.

US signs anti-abortion declaration with group of largely authoritarian governments

“Under President Trump’s leadership, the United States has defended the dignity of human life everywhere and always,” Pompeo said. “He has done it like no other president in history. We have mounted an unprecedented defense of the unborn abroad.”

Ugh.

Probably deserves a thread of its own, what with the increase in anti-abortion laws not just confined to the US . Anyway, seems the Trump administration is happy to cosy up to countries with poor records in treatment of women.

US signs anti-abortion declaration with group of largely authoritarian governments

“Under President Trump’s leadership, the United States has defended the dignity of human life everywhere and always,” Pompeo said. “He has done it like no other president in history. We have mounted an unprecedented defense of the unborn abroad.”

Ugh.
It's always struck me as strange how the us govt is keen to stop abortions, much less keen to help give those fetuses when born hope of a decent future and extraordinarily keen to devise new ways of killing people

Gutted!!!

Trumps twitter password was maga2020!

If I'd guessed this I would have done something naughty :D

There are a lot of people kicking themselves (including me) for not guessing it. It's not like there weren't plenty of clues that he's not the brightest of people

It's gonna be a fucking pain though as the Christian right subsides and diminishes as a voting block over the coming decades while the Supreme Court, unfortunately, will remain pretty "pro-life" for a long time to come.

It's gonna be a fucking pain though as the Christian right subsides and diminishes as a voting block over the coming decades while the Supreme Court, unfortunately, will remain pretty "pro-life" for a long time to come.
That's why I'm hoping the democrats pack the court. doubt they will though.

But in 2019, the National Vaccine Program Office was shut down in an effort to cut costs and "eliminate program redundancies," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar wrote at the time. The shortsightedness of that shutdown has come into clear view amid the coronavirus pandemic, said Dr. Nicole Lurie, who who was assistant secretary for preparedness and response at HHS during the 2009 pandemic. FDA and CDC staffers have reportedly been meeting up on their own time to cobble some safety projects together. "There's no sort of active coordination to bring all the information together," Lurie told the Times.

Other vaccine experts and political scientists have their own concerns: foreign disinformation campaigns, a lack of transparency, proper communications to clear up health issues unrelated to vaccines, to name a few. A coordinated vaccine office would be tasked with handling all of that.

Those tiny hands get into parts others can't reach.
I imagine the guys who sell whistles and vuvuzelas at carnivals are doing a roaring trade at MAGA rallies with commemorative back-scratchers modelled on Trump's life-size hand

He does get better all the time :thumbs:

Donald Trump claimed he had won two Nobel peace prizes before correcting himself during a rambling campaign rally.
The president heaped praise on his international diplomacy skills and falsely took credit for the awards at the event in Londonderry, New Hampshire.
Mr Trump boasted that he had scooped one of the prestigious awards for his work in negotiating peace between Serbia and Kosovo.

He then claimed he had been given another for “something else” and insisted he should also get one for his work in Syria.

“Serbia and Kosovo, so we signed a deal, so they gave me a prize for that, they gave me a Nobel Prize for something else, they should give me a Nobel Prize for what I did in Syria," said Mr Trump.

I'm going to start claiming I got a Nobel Prize for something else too :) #Igotanobelprizeforsomethingelse

Awww he didn't get it, UN World Food Programme got it instead. Fix :mad:

Back
Top Bottom