Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

This may have held some weight, but I think that world leaders could have decided that Trump's America is not a world leader worth listening to.

Equally likely, they know he's soon gone, so will just run the clock down. I would imagine it takes substantailly longer than 3 months to conclude an arms deal!

Equally likely, they know he's soon gone, so will just run the clock down. I would imagine it takes substantailly longer than 3 months to conclude an arms deal!

Enjoyed this quote from Pompeo though:

“Any nation that sells weapons to Iran is impoverishing the Iranian people by enabling the regime’s diversion of funds away from the people and toward the regime’s military aims,” he added. n

Glad we’ve established the principle that spending a shit load of money on weaponry leads to impoverishment of the population. Any chance of looking at this issue domestically?

In her Sunday ruling, U.S. District Court Chief Judge Beryl Howell wrote that implementing the change "radically and abruptly alters decades of regulatory practice, leaving States scrambling and exponentially increasing food insecurity for tens of thousands of Americans."

In December, the Department of Agriculture formalized a proposal for work requirements for recipients of food stamps, formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, that would have disqualified an estimated 688,000 people from food benefits.

Secretary Sonny Perdue said at the time that the changes were made "in order to restore the dignity of work to a sizable segment of our population and be respectful of the taxpayers who fund the program."

But why though? There's a non-trivial risk of getting burned when playing with fire. Safer to keep the status quo gravy train rolling, surely?

Trump is not happy with this. :D

Donald Trump has complained that a rule change to mute microphones for part of his final televised debate with Joe Biden is “very unfair” and objected to the topics chosen by the moderator.

When the two face off on Thursday for a final televised debate, each candidate will have their microphones cut off while the other is delivering responses to questions on American families, race in America, climate change, national security and leadership.

Trump is not happy with this. :D

The Trump team actually has a point, for a change - in recent election years, the third presidential debate has focused on foreign policy, but there's very little foreign policy involved in the topics chosen for this debate.

I don't want to see Trump get re-elected, but I wouldn't object to seeing him make Joe Biden very uncomfortable over his support of the invasion of Iraq when he was chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

He really is flailing around blindly now. He's going to have such a hissy fit after this about how 'unfair' and 'biased' it was that he couldn't talk over and interrupt Biden, ignoring the fact that it means he also couldn't be interrupted or talked over (not that Biden would do that anyway)

Maybe there should be a streamer saying "mike muted to prevent interruptions", that flashes an extra button "active" interrution number XXX" when the candidate attempts to interrupts.

The Trump team actually has a point, for a change - in recent election years, the third presidential debate has focused on foreign policy, but there's very little foreign policy involved in the topics chosen for this debate.
Agreed, but if he hadn't turned the first debate into an utter - and totally uninformative - shambles, then we might have had time to get round to foreign policy. He really is hoist by his own petard there.
Agree with you re; biden and Iraq, though

Last edited:
Agreed, but if hehadn't turned the first debate into an utter - and totally uninformative - shambles, then we might have had time to get round to foreign policy. He really is hoist by his own petard there.
Agree with you re; biden and Iraq, though

Plus it is actually the second debate anyway as he skipped the last one.

Are they doing this one in person or "virtually"? (assuming Trump doesn't find an excuse to back out this time)

I wonder if the orange one will have (and declare the results of) covid & antibody tests just before the debate, if he and Biden are going to share a stage ?

Plus it is actually the second debate anyway as he skipped the last one.

Are they doing this one in person or "virtually"? (assuming Trump doesn't find an excuse to back out this time)
I saw somewhere that in the second part of the debate that interruptions would be counted as speaking time so if trump's not careful the floor will only be open for Biden to speak. :D

Back
Top Bottom