Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Gsv and I reckon the 'stand back stand by' comment on Proud Boys was actually just a moronic malapropism on Trump's part when he meant to say something like 'they need to back off' (not that he believes that, but because he thought that'd be the right thing to say in that moment). But the fact it's been taken by all sides as a command for them speaks volumes

He knew exactly what he was saying as he does when he comments on Qanon.

You think Biden is decent?! Personally though, I regard decent politician to be an oxymoron.
Compared to Trump, he's at least halfway decent, and - unfortunately - that is the only choice on offer.
That whole debate was an utter carcrash, the worst advertisement ppossible for American democracy. American mainstream politics has never sunk so low.

Trump is now claiming he doesn't know who Proud Boys are.

Again, left bemused that this plays anywhere. "No, he's not racist, he's simply not even aware of this popular far-right group that everyone has been talking about"; that's something his supporters are ok with?

I imagine a lot of them think "he's just saying that to get the PC MSM off his back, we know the truth wink wink, nudge nudge, far-right hand gesture (I'm not up on my far-right gestures, are they still doing the salute and/or the 'ok' sign thing?)

Last edited:
Compared to Trump, he's at least halfway decent, and - unfortunately - that is the only choice on offer.
That whole debate was an utter carcrash, the worst advertisement ppossible for American democracy. American mainstream politics has never sunk so low.

A very rose tinted vision of a squalid and brutal past. The 1960s saw the assassinations of JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, and Robert Kennedy; and the murderous brutality of the Southern elites and the Democratic Party which represented them in the defence of legalised racial oppression. A time when George Wallace could be considered a serious Presidential candidate.

Remember that the right of every adult citizen to vote without fear of being fired, evicted or murdered only became a reality at the end of that decade.

Something that shouldn't be forgotten is Biden's cosy ingratiating friendship with the last generation his racist Southern Democrat colleagues.

Biden under fire for segregationist senators remarks

I find it hard to believe that the Proud Boys have never been mentioned in Trump's daily morning news briefing, also known as "Fox and Friends."
Well, exactly. He very clearly knows who they are, but once again he's put himself in a position where he feels it's better to lie very blatantly in an attempt to give the impression he doesn't know the simplest of things that are going on.

And even worse, so many people still seem ok with that :facepalm:

Gsv and I reckon the 'stand back stand by' comment on Proud Boys was actually just a moronic malapropism on Trump's part when he meant to say something like 'they need to back off' (not that he believes that, but because he thought that'd be the right thing to say in that moment). But the fact it's been taken by all sides as a command for them speaks volumes

Really? coz the Disney musical loving wankers are apparently selling tshirts saying "Proud Boys Standing By.". Despite being given a further chance to denounce a group that has been listed for over 2years by the FBI as "extremist group with ties to white nationalism", he didn't, "I don't know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down and let law enforcement do their work." was as far as he went.

"I don't know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down and let law enforcement do their work." might have been a more honest answer during the tv debate from a man who notoriously struggles with his daily intelligence briefings, but to be saying a day after telling them to stand by....Law enforcement WILL have done their work. At best what you can say from this debacle is this is a President incapable of staying on top of his brief. A President who adds kerosense to a situation then slopey shoulders any responsibility.

good point - I'd assumed 'their' referred to law enforcement - most likely does refer to the fascists.

Completely refering to law enforcement. In the unlikely event that the FBI didn't get them a mention in Wednesday's briefing it sure as hell will be in today's.

Seems to me, the emphasis on the idiotic/chaotic self-over-estimating “Proud Boys” from recent events risks there not being enough attention given to these guys - probably far more of a threat in the election/post electoral period as they seem to include numbers of trained and vaguely competent (ex?) security and military personnel: Oath Keepers

A very rose tinted vision of a squalid and brutal past. The 1960s saw the assassinations of JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, and Robert Kennedy; and the murderous brutality of the Southern elites and the Democratic Party which represented them in the defence of legalised racial oppression. A time when George Wallace could be considered a serious Presidential candidate.

Remember that the right of every adult citizen to vote without fear of being fired, evicted or murdered only became a reality at the end of that decade.

Something that shouldn't be forgotten is Biden's cosy ingratiating friendship with the last generation his racist Southern Democrat colleagues.

You're kinda misrepresenting me there. I'm as aware as anyone just how many dark - in fact, horrific - chapters there are in the history of America, and its' polity. I could quote chapter, book and verse on that.
Nor do I think Biden is anything other than a desperately disappointing, corporate staus quo candidate (but still a gazillion miles better than the Orange turd).

However, I was focussing specifically on the debates. What happened at that debate is of quantum difference to any other televised Presidential election debate in history. They've been holding them since '60, and no other Presidential debate has panned out even slightly like that. Every other one - from Nixon sweating under the lights and looking shifty in '60, to Reagan's "there you go again", from Ross Perot ambushing Bush, to Al Gore coming across as an arrogant, patronising jerk - hasn't even slightly resembled the shitshow we saw on Tuesday. It really was a whole new universe.

Last edited:

President Donald Trump might not know how to run things, like a country, or accomplish things, but he is a true savant when it comes to taking credit for things. Couple this sixth sense with the fact that Trump likes putting his name on things and it should come as no surprise that the Trump administration is now requiring federal food aid boxes delivered to struggling Americans be accompanied by a letter from Trump taking credit for the government help. The practice was Ivanka Trump’s idea, according to Fox News, and first got started over the summer with Trump’s note being included in some boxes along with a message about coronavirus safety.

With the election just over a month away and Trump trailing in the polls, the optional part of the Trump branding was dropped, Politico reports. The Agriculture Department has begun requiring all of the USDA’s $4 billion Families to Farmers Food Box Program being distributed by entities with government contracts include the one-page letter. “As President, safeguarding the health and well-being of our citizens is one of my highest priorities,” the letter reads. “As part of our response to coronavirus, I prioritized sending nutritious food from our farmers to families in need throughout America.”

Biden wasn't aggressive enough for me. He let Trump interrupt and talk over him constantly.

How well would counter-interrupting to the same extent have helped Biden then? :hmm:

And against a can't-stop-banging-on self-obsessed me-me-me-ist like Trump? :mad:

(Disclaimer : The above are speculative questions only, from me --- I've only seen tiny extracts from the debate footage)

I'd have been tempted to just say "that's a lie" every time I heard him lie and repeat "please be quiet now" when it was my turn to speak. Chomsky is very good like that he just keeps quietly shaking his head when he disagrees with someone which distracts from what the person is saying until he's given his turn. Not sure it would make any difference with Trump though.

Let's assume that's true. After nearly four years in office and he's still not reading his briefings? If you don't know who these groups are and what violence they're doing, you have no business in office.
Precisely. He can't claim they're not important enough for him to know about

Last edited:
I'd have been tempted to just say "that's a lie" every time I heard him lie and repeat "please be quiet now" when it was my turn to speak. Chomsky is very good like that he just keeps quietly shaking his head when he disagrees with someone which distracts from what the person is saying until he's given his turn. Not sure it would make any difference with Trump though.
With an omnidirectionally mendacious blowhard like Trump, those tactics would make zero difference :(

To add; I should have made it clear I was referring specifically and solely to the debates. I didn't: I expressed myself clumsily. Apologies for any confusion etc.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom