Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I doubt that these debt revelations will move those people who have fully subsumed themselves into Trump's cult of personality. But what proportion of Trump's support is made of up these cultists?

Don't think it matters at this point. 'Moderate' Republicans who may dislike Trump will still support him regardless. With the Supreme Court, regulation cancelling, inherent corruption and the rest he still pays out for them. So they'll grin and bare the true believers they're stuck with now, maybe with the odd bit of tutting to make themselves feel better/insure against his possible defeat. Same with Tories here, the famed 'Rebels' are always very disappointed in Johnson right up until they need to back him.

The only bit that might harm him is that, if he’s not been lying to the taxman for decades, then all his businesses are making enormous losses year after year. How his supporters would feel about that idk.

The successful businessman schtick can still be spun based on revenue. I believe Netflix is a very long way off making a profit, but to the lay person appear to be a very successful enterprise.

I'm afraid TomUS actually makes a good point there. Trumps' base will just respect him for this, they see him as constantly bucking the system.

The real damaging story here for Trump, is not that he only paid 750 dollars in tax, it's that in the years upto 2012 he had a great deal of money coming in and then lost it all. This is a very different story from the myth of him leaving a life of luxury to dedicate his life to 'making America great again' as a 'public servant'. Trumps supporters like to think that he is some kind of genius when it comes to money and business - fact is he was losing, like, 50 million dollars a year! And that was when the economy should have been going well for someone like him. That's what we should be using to undermine Trump, that's the real revelation- not that he didn't pay his taxes - which will just be interpreted as him not paying for things he thinks are morally wrong (even though he doesn't have a moral compass at all).

Since he became President he's been doing better, and we don't know exactly how because contary to what some think he does not have 'the most transparent administration ever'.

Last edited:
I'm afraid TomUS actually makes a good point there. Trumps' base will just respect him for this, they see him as constantly bucking the system.

The real damaging story here for Trump, is not that he only paid £750 in tax, it's that in the years upto 2012 he had a great deal of money coming in and then lost it all. This is a very different story from the myth of him leaving a life of luxury to dedicate his life to 'making America great again' as a 'public servant'. Trumps supporters like to think that he is some kind of genius when it comes to money and business - fact is he was losing, like, £50 million a year! And that was when the economy should have been going well for someone like him. That's what we should be using to undermine Trump, that's the real revelation- not that he didn't pay his taxes - which will just be interpreted as him not paying for things he thinks are morally wrong (even though he doesn't have a moral compass at all).

Since he became President he's been doing better, and we don't know exactly how because contary to what some think he does not have 'the most transparent administration ever'.

Nah, the real story is he's fucked. Ran to reinvigorate brand Trump...Got some big debts to pay off in the near future and from look of it some substantial legal bills coming. The most lucrative part of his folio was reality tv and thats dried up. Book and his own Frost Nixon interview won't fill that hole

Last edited:
Nah, the real story is he's fucked. Ran to reinvigorate brand Trump...Got some big debts to pay off in the near future and from look of it some substantial legal bills coming. The most lucrative part of his folio was reality tv and thats dried up. Book and his own Frost Nixon interview won't fill that hole

I don't think the reality tv has dried up at all. If anything its more valuable. NBC might not have him, but he could go over to OAN and get a show pretty easily. And then there's the book and movie deals he could make. Look at some of the other deals celebrities have recently made worth over $100 million. He's also skimmed off the top of his reelection fund at least $200 million so he could very well be on his way to paying off his debt if he skimmed another $100 mil or so. He's also already shifted some of his legal bills onto the Justice Dept. and I'm sure many of his supporters are willing to kick into a fund to help out with those bills, even if those self-same people can't pay their own rent. That's how devoted some of his base are to him.

Last edited:
I don't think the reality tv has dried up at all. If anything its more valuable. NBC might not have him, but he could go over to OAN and get a show pretty easily. And then there's the book and movie deals he could make. Look at some of the other deals celebrities have recently made worth over $100 million. He's also skimmed off the top of his reelection fund at least $200 million so he could very well be on his way to paying off his debt if he skimmed another $100 mil or so. He's also already shifted some of his legal bills onto the Justice Dept. and I'm sure many of his supporters are willing to kick into a fund to help out with those bills, even if those self-same people can't pay their own rent. That's how devoted some of her base are to him.

The skimmed funds hint more at plugging gaps of liquidity. News doesn't pay as well as entertainment. Apprentice racked in double what Sean Hannity earns as well as symbiotic benefit for his other projects, that you don't get telling the world how it is on cable news. Obama's book grossed him US$20mil and he didn't have a ghost to pay. He'd get a big check for a Frost/Nixon but I don't see him getting much on the after dinner (not sure he'd want to unless they host in McDonald's). That's me thinking like he won't get reinaugarated, else clearing deck on DoD IG then scope for pas du problem with regards funds but a full on clusterfuck with regards Hill scrutiny and accountability for the next 4 years

Back
Top Bottom