Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

From a few days ago. Downplaying Covid 19. Really stupid considering so many people have been affected by it. Also talked about older people and people with health issues here as if they are expendable.

Rarely do I ever wish harm on someone. Never, in fact. However, I do hope Trump catches covid19.....badly.

From a few days ago. Downplaying Covid 19. Really stupid considering so many people have been affected by it. Also talked about older people and people with health issues here as if they are expendable.
That must be the single most crass, ill-judged and politically inept thing he has said to date. And let's face it, the competition's pretty stiff!

Last edited:
Rarely do I ever wish harm on someone. Never, in fact. However, I do hope Trump catches covid19.....badly.
I hope he gets it and I hope it's the result of him being at one of his Coronapalooza events. I hope it doesn't kill him, but I hope it kicks the living shit out of him. Maybe then cuntchops will learn that it's something to be taken seriously and to stop his incessant fuckery with it. Hopefully it will also act as a timely bucket of ice water in the face of his more TFG supporters...

I hope he gets it and I hope it's the result of him being at one of his Coronapalooza events. I hope it doesn't kill him, but I hope it kicks the living shit out of him. Maybe then cuntchops will learn that it's something to be taken seriously and to stop his incessant fuckery with it. Hopefully it will also act as a timely bucket of ice water in the face of his more TFG supporters...

Loving that word!!!
:D :cool: :) :thumbs:

There doesn't seem to be much chance of him getting it, unfortunately - for White House employees and other people who come into contact with him, there is a very strict testing and mask-wearing policy in place, showing that he does believe the virus is a very serious threat and he is well aware of the best ways to control it, but he's not willing to take those steps to protect any lives but his own.

But it would be hilarious if he did get infected, especially if it was right before one of the debates with Biden and he tried to tough it out, only to keel over onstage.

There doesn't seem to be much chance of him getting it, unfortunately - for White House employees and other people who come into contact with him, there is a very strict testing and mask-wearing policy in place, showing that he does believe the virus is a very serious threat and he is well aware of the best ways to control it, but he's not willing to take those steps to protect any lives but his own.

But it would be hilarious if he did get infected, especially if it was right before one of the debates with Biden and he tried to tough it out, only to keel over onstage.
That is true, I should have said it's something he should be publically taking seriously. The bob woodward tapes demonstrate quite clearly that he takes this seriously and that he knew how bad an infection it was long before his admin started taking what little of the coutermeasures that they were advised to do (whilst all the time fighting tooth and nail with the state governors who were enacting the very advice that the govt. was putting forward). When you look at the timeline of what he believed in private vs what was put forward in public, it's a travesty that he isn't being frogmarched out of office in shackles to await trial for, I don't even know what the legal term for the mass killing by wilful negligence of over 200,000 people is, but whatever it is; that...

Last edited:
What' actually annoying me is the two-faced attitude to the current Supreme Court vacancy.
On the previous occasion before an election (9 months not a few weeks) the republicans even prevented the senate thinking, never mind voting on, Obama's pick.

If that Amy what'shername had any sense of the reason for the need to have the true / real independence of the judiciary from the legislature, she should say "Thanks, but no thanks, wait until after 3rd November to ask, then I'll think about it"
I think it very wrong that judges are political appointees / elected.

This is terrifying. Especially the fact that it's already being discussed. Already.

Trump says overturning Roe v Wade 'possible' with Barrett on supreme court

In Ireland women travel to GB, but they are still at risk of imprisonment if they're caught ordering drugs online. In the US, what? So many women can't travel due to Trump's policies. How many will be butchered? It makes you shiver.

Is that still the case for Ireland? As far as I'm aware abortion was legalised after the 2018 referendum.

What happens when at least half the population regards the legal system as completely illegitimate.

They reform the system. Changing the Supreme Court doesn't involve a constitutional ammendment just a willingness of both houses of Congress to vote for reform. This was a big political issue in the 1930s during FDRs Presidency.Reform didn't happen then because Senate Democrats opposed it.

Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937 - Wikipedia.

Is that still the case for Ireland? As far as I'm aware abortion was legalised after the 2018 referendum.

You are right, of course. The law changed in 2018 and in NI in 2019. Still shockingly recent, but changed nonetheless.

Trump Gripes 'Fake News' Didn't Tout His 2 Nobel Peace Prizes (That Never Existed)

President Donald Trump complained at a Pennsylvania campaign rally Saturday night that the “fake news” completely skipped reporting his two Nobel Peace Prizes.

Trump has no Nobel Peace Prizes.

He was nominated this year for a 2021 prize.

On Saturday, Trump grumbled that there wasn’t a word in the “fake news” about his Nobel recognition.

“Somebody had a show where they said the amount of time devoted to Donald Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize — two of ’em — [was] zero on the networks, zero,” he emphasized. “It is so disgraceful. They’re so bad.”

Earlier this year Trump demanded “fake news” reporters return their “Noble [sic] Prizes.” There are Nobel Prizes for literature but not for journalism.

What happens when at least half the population regards the legal system as completely illegitimate.

When people lose faith in their government, I'm pretty sure that less than 50% of the population bothers to vote:

After that, you get a large number of people who begin to think there's no reason to obey laws that they have no input into making. How many people disobey drug laws? Most of those laws in the US were made by people who wanted to demonize certain segments of the population.

Regarding abortion specifically, I don't think if Roe v. Wade is struck down that abortion become illegal everywhere in the US. It will for large swathes of the country, mostly the middle and south, but in the coastal areas it will still be legal. I'm already seeing fundraising pop up for "abortion scholarships" to pay for travel and medical costs to travel from a state where its illegal to one where its legal. And even it is made illegal everywhere in the US that won't in any way stop it. There will always be Mexico and Canada. However, I think a lot of abortions will still happen in medical offices, it'll just be on the downlow for people with money. Its the poorest who will suffer the most, as it ever was.

Last edited:
NYT has published details of Trump's tax returns.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years - largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

The tax returns that Mr. Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the I.R.S. portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president.

The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

The returns are some of the most sought-after, and speculated-about, records in recent memory. In Mr. Trump’s nearly four years in office — and across his endlessly hyped decades in the public eye — journalists, prosecutors, opposition politicians and conspiracists have, with limited success, sought to excavate the enigmas of his finances. By their very nature, the filings will leave many questions unanswered, many questioners unfulfilled. They comprise information that Mr. Trump has disclosed to the I.R.S., not the findings of an independent financial examination. They report that Mr. Trump owns hundreds of millions of dollars in valuable assets, but they do not reveal his true wealth. Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.

NYT has published details of Trump's tax returns.
He claims it is fake news but it will come back to bite him on the bum when voters realise they have paid more tax than a billionaire.

Back
Top Bottom