Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

It's not a good sign when 'debate' descends to the level when it's not 'Your policy is bad because....' but ....'Uhm... YOU'RE A PAEDO!!!'

I'd say it was primary school level rhetoric but even most seven-year-old's would probably be able to come up with better and more creative insults.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died.

In 2016, 9 months before the election, Mitch McConnell said it would be wrong to appoint a new judge in an election year and blocked any vote on Obama’s nominee.

Yesterday, around an hour after her death was announced, and less than two months out from an election, he said that Trump’s nominee would be getting a vote in Congress. The man is an utter cunt.
No surprise. If there is one thing that the past 4 years has proved, beyond all doubt, it is that there is no scruple, no pull of conscience, no set of values (such as those they loudly and endlessly proclaim), and no principles that Republican legislators will not trash just to gain some short-term partisan advantage.
They weren't always quite that bad, but they are now.

My daughter was saying 'There's no chance it'll be a woman', but I had said, before hearing this 'It might well be a woman so they can pretend to progressive, but it'll be a really right wing woman'

GOP: 'Look, you can't call us sexist, see we've put forward a woman!'

Woman picked by GOP: 'Women have plenty of rights, we don't need to go on about that anymore. Oh and abortion is for baby-murdering sluts'

My daughter was saying 'There's no chance it'll be a woman', but I had said, before hearing this 'It might well be a woman so they can pretend to progressive, but it'll be a really right wing woman'

Woman picked by GOP: 'Women have plenty of rights, we don't need to go on about that anymore. Oh and abortion is for baby-murdering sluts'
yep, that's exactly the road they'll go down

Absolutely, and during a future rally in weeks to come Trump will claim he's done more for women than any previous President. If that's not something he's not already claimed during a previous speech.

Absolutely, and during a future rally in weeks to come Trump will claim he's done more for women than any previous President. If that's not something he's not already claimed during a previous speech.
Oh he's already played that line, pretty sure - said 'Look I have appointed women to stuff, that shows I support women' (no mention of the fact that he tends to select women who side with men over women, of couse)

Oh he's already played that line, pretty sure - said 'Look I have appointed women to stuff, that shows I support women' (no mention of the fact that he tends to select women who side with men over women, of couse)
Plus, they're either nutters like Kellyane conway, willing henchpersons like Kayleigh McEnany, or thick as shit like Betsey DeVos

sigh

"I think Walmart is going to buy it along with Oracle," Trump said on Saturday at a rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina. He went on to say that as part of the deal, he requested "$5 billion into a fund for education so we can educate people as to real history of our country — the real history, not the fake history."

President Trump in August issued an executive order requiring the sale of TikTok by ByteDance, its Chinese parent company, to an American company. The proposed deal would see Oracle and Walmart collectively taking a 20% stake in a newly created entity, TikTok Global, which would operate in the US.

The president previously expressed a desire for the companies to make a payment to to the US Treasury as part of the TikTok deal. Now he has focused instead on the creation of a $5 billion education fund. It is not yet clear which companies would pay into such a fund.

Moments after vowing to nominate a woman to the Supreme Court at his campaign rally in North Carolina on Saturday night, President Trump asked some of his female supporters in the crowd if their husbands had approved their attendance.

Trump pretended to poll the crowd on who to nominate when he apparently recognized some of the women in Fayetteville from other rallies.

“Ok let’s do a poll. Oh there they are. How many of these have you come to?” he said.

“What is this, number what? Like, 90? I see ‘em all over the place, they’re great. I hope your husbands are okay with it. Are they okay?”

Ye gods. Even when he tries to say something oh-so-enlightened....he kills the dividend of that to him stone dead, the next time he opens his mouth!:D

Daughter and her babe are over for Sunday dinner.

I asked her what she would say if someone asked if she had her husband's permission before going out.

Her eyes became slanted, scrunched up part of her nose and just glared at me.

"Hitting someone will put me in jail, right?"

:D

Daughter and her babe are over for Sunday dinner.

I asked her what she would say if someone asked if she had her husband's permission before going out.

Her eyes became slanted, scrunched up part of her nose and just glared at me.

"Hitting someone will put me in jail, right?"

:D
Love it!:D

Plus, they're either nutters like Kellyane conway, willing henchpersons like Kayleigh McEnany, or thick as shit like Betsey DeVos
DeVos isn't thick. Out of touch, uncaring, opportunistic and happy to hide behind a dense veil of incompetence -but not thick. Calling her thick glosses over the pernicious suppurating evil that she actually is. There are many horrors in the trump administration and she is among the very worst.

DeVos isn't thick. Out of touch, uncaring, opportunistic and happy to hide behind a dense veil of incompetence -but not thick. Calling her thick glosses over the pernicious suppurating evil that she actually is. There are many horrors in the trump administration and she is among the very worst.
Yes, you may be right. I read up on her performance at her confiirmation hearings, and she seemed utterly useless, ill-briefed and utterly clueless, nut I'm prepared to put her in the 'evil scumbag' bracket as as well.

Yes, you may be right. I read up on her performance at her confiirmation hearings, and she seemed utterly useless, ill-briefed and utterly clueless, nut I'm prepared to put her in the 'evil scumbag' bracket as as well.
Knowing you'll get the job regardless of how you perform in the intrerview has a certain quality that is so amenable to taking the 'fuck it' approach to preparation...

Knowing you'll get the job regardless of how you perform in the intrerview has a certain quality that is so amenable to taking the 'fuck it' approach to preparation...
yeah, true!:D
Mind, it needed Pence's casting vote, despite the GOP majority in the Senate. First time that's happened since dubya

I obviously have different standards for marking success...

"We're rounding the corner," he told "Fox & Friends" of the coronavirus during an interview Monday morning. "With or without a vaccine. They hate when I say that but that's the way it is. ... We've done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job, a phenomenal job. Other than public relations, but that's because I have fake news. On public relations, I give myself a D. On the job itself, we take an A+."

"A phenomenal job."

"A+."

This echoes how Trump has previously responded to questions about his handling of the virus in mid-March, as the coronavirus pandemic was spreading rapidly in the United States, Trump rated himself a 10 out of 10 for his response to it. And in July when Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward asked what grade he would give himself, Trump said he gave himself an A, but that if his administration came up with therapeutics and a vaccine to deal with the coronavirus he would give himself an A+.

(It's also broadly consistent with how Trump has graded his entire presidency. "I would give myself an A+," he told "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace in November 2018.)

Back
Top Bottom