Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Someone with Trump's stellar IQ is bound to be an expert speed reader :rolleyes:

unless one of his minders produced a summary with pictures, mainly including Trump.

Depends what you think is more important Trump winning the election for whatever reason, or having a vaccine people have faith in so that a virulent and deadly virus is combatted

Happened upon a speech he's doing at the Lincoln Memorial (the "the White House Conference on American History", apparently) and he seems really low energy, especially for him. Either very tired or... "tired" :hmm:

I've often thought countries are growing and evolving, showing empathy towards the cruel parts of our history, and teaching our young that countries can make up for past mistakes.
Here, in Canada, our government apologies for past behaviour and outlines steps in an attempt to prevent such actions from happening again.

Wrt the States, changes to policing procedures become law, and the country moves forward.

Trump seems to consider the the US is perfect, and any changes to policy are a step backward and are an attack on their history.

Trump Announces 'Patriotic Education' Commission, A Largely Political Move

In austere, starkly divisive remarks, President Trump on Thursday said he would create a commission to promote "patriotic education" and announced the creation of a grant to develop a "pro-American curriculum." The move is largely political — a reaction to a growing push by some academics for schools to teach an American history that better acknowledges slavery and systemic racism.

In the speech, Trump decried what he said was a "twisted web of lies" being taught in U.S. classrooms about systemic racism in America, calling it "a form of child abuse." He reprised themes from a speech he gave at Mount Rushmore in July.

"Teaching this horrible doctrine to our children is a form of child abuse. The truest sense," Trump said. "For many years now, the radicals have mistaken Americans' silence for weakness. They're wrong. There is no more powerful force than a parent's love for their children. And patriotic moms and dads are going to demand that their children are no longer fed hateful lies about this country."

The federal government does not have jurisdiction over school curriculum.

Trump decried "a radical movement" working against telling a more flattering version of U.S. history as Democrats' efforts to smear the country for political gain.

In particular, Republicans have taken offense to the New York Times' Pulitzer Prize-winning '1619 Project,' which details the history of the country from when the first enslaved Africans were brought to America's shores.

"Critical race theory, the 1619 Project, and the crusade against American history is toxic propaganda, ideological poison that, if not removed, will dissolve the civic bonds that tie us together. It will destroy our country," the president said on Thursday.

eta: I wonder if his new history outline will cover the airplanes during the revolutionary war.......

Last edited:
Depends what you think is more important Trump winning the election for whatever reason, or having a vaccine people have faith in so that a virulent and deadly virus is combatted
Either way, it must be the all-time record for creating a hostage to fortune - with trump as the hostage:facepalm:

I've often thought countries are growing and evolving, showing empathy towards the cruel parts of our history, and teaching our young that countries can make up for past mistakes.
Here, in Canada, our government apologies for past behaviour and outlines steps in an attempt to prevent such actions from happening again.

Wrt the States, changes to policing procedures become law, and the country moves forward.

Trump seems to consider the the US is perfect, and any changes to policy are a step backward and are an attack on their history.

Trump Announces 'Patriotic Education' Commission, A Largely Political Move

eta: I wonder if his new history outline will cover the airplanes during the revolutionary war.......

Bastard can't and won't acknowledge the painful history of his country, so everyone is lying or twisting the truth when they try to address this.

Bastard can't and won't acknowledge the painful history of his country, so everyone is lying or twisting the truth when they try to address this.

I think he feels admitting a mistake means you are a loser.
Along those lines, he may feel that admitting the US of A made a mistake, means the country is a loser.

I think that admitting you made a mistake is a sign of strength.
Fixing your mistakes is the grownup thing to do.

If I hadn't been banned for calling Gym Gordon a paedophile enabling cunt complicit in the destruction of the USA I might have suggested #TwitlerYouth

During remarks to reporters on Friday, Trump claimed Canada is actually pushing to reopen the border, despite absolutely no evidence to suggest that.

“We’re looking at the border with Canada. Canada would like it open, and you know we want to get back to normal business,” Trump said.

No, no we really do not want the borders open.

And mayors of Canadians cities near the border are also keen to keep restrictions in place. Last week, a group of border mayors urged public safety minister Bill Blair to keep the border closed until at least the end of the year.

“The situation in the United States is getting worse,” Fort Erie Mayor Wayne Redekop told CTV this week. “At this stage of the game, it doesn’t make sense to be lifting the border restrictions.”

Be interesting to see who he appoints after RBG's death.

Amy Coney Barrett is Trump's preferred choice. Know little about her, except that she's a "devout" Catholic.

Donald Trump to put forth nominee to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in coming days: Sources

A devout Catholic with seven kids - it'll be an ominous sign for abortion rights if she does get nominated.

While a full-time faculty member at Notre Dame, Barrett was affiliated with Faculty for Life, a pro-life group at the University of Notre Dame. In 2015, Barrett signed a joint letter to Catholic bishops which affirmed the Church's teachings including "the value of human life from conception to natural death," and that family and marriage are "founded on the indissoluble commitment of a man and a woman.

But who knows, maybe Susan Collins and a couple of other endangered Senate Republicans might grow backbones if she's the nominee and Trump looks doomed.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died.

In 2016, 9 months before the election, Mitch McConnell said it would be wrong to appoint a new judge in an election year and blocked any vote on Obama’s nominee.

Yesterday, around an hour after her death was announced, and less than two months out from an election, he said that Trump’s nominee would be getting a vote in Congress. The man is an utter cunt.

Pure anecdote but I’m happy about it: my cousin, the excellent one not the trump voting one, is saying he and his wife and three young daughters are going to come and live over here (he was born here). He is dead serious and sees things getting so seriously bad in America over the coming few years that they’re definitely doing it. At least over here we don’t have guns is what it comes down to so our culture wars are less likely to kill you.

Back
Top Bottom