Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Yeah, I saw that. If he wins in November, that will be an underlying theme of his second term which him and his goons will push hard come the second half of it and as the 2024 election draws near...
Fortunately, amending the constitution is a much harder, longer process than that. the Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed in 1923. We're still waiting....

Last edited:
The latest claim from our 'stable genius' (his past words)....That he read a 392-page book in ine evening!

Donald Trump has claimed to have read Rage, the new book about his administration by Bob Woodward, in one evening, and to have found it “very boring”.

The Watergate reporter’s tome, published on Tuesday, is 392 pages long not including index, acknowledgments and notes on sources which chiefly consist of 18 on-the-record conversations with the president.

Multiple reports have said Trump does not often read, whether books or briefing materials.

In Michael Wolff’s infamous book Fire and Fury, for example, the former economic adviser Gary Cohn is quoted as writing: “It’s worse than you can imagine … Trump won’t read anything – not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers, nothing.”
I'm a bookworm. i love reading, and would do nothing but read books all dat long, if I could. I couldn't possibly read a book that long in less than a week (and I don't have any other, possibly more pressing matters on hand like, umm, directing the government of a nation of 331 million people in the middle of a raging pandemic and a recession).
I mean...beyomd belief.

I'd believe it from somebody else - I'm a fast reader and could probably at least skim-read Rage in an afternoon - but this is Donald Trump, I'm not convinced he's even read The Art of the Deal all the way through.

The "mate" that I don't even know? :confused: Not quite sure how that's enabling the far right, unless you think Trump would whoop Biden's arse? :hmm:

Only if you think Trump would automatically whup Biden, which i don't. He's a lousy debater.

He's openly admitted his support for Trump. He's hardly going to be a neutral moderator.

“But I don’t think that Biden can handle it. I think Biden is like, I think he’s, I mean people get mad at me for saying this, I think there’s something wrong and I don’t think there’s something wrong, because I’m guessing, or because I’m pro-Trump. I’ve seen him fall apart,” Rogan said.

Trump jumps on offer to have Joe Rogan moderate debate with Joe Biden

He's openly admitted his support for Trump. He's hardly going to be a neutral moderator.

Trump jumps on offer to have Joe Rogan moderate debate with Joe Biden
on that ground he should decline. But The myth that Biden is a senile dodderer who'll fall apart within minutes of the start of any TV debate is just that - a myth.
Also Rogan's not really yer standard Trumpist - more a libertarian oddball, in fact he also supported Bernie sanders, and supports UBI, universal healthcare, womens rights and gay rights.

TBH, I think Rogan is right in some ways about Biden. He comes across as pretty poor opposition IMO. It is a disgrace that that's what the Dems are fielding. Trump has a bit more swagger (probably due to his self-belief), even if he's stupid and an utter dick, but that's not a reason to vote for him.

If you've listened much to Rogan you should know how he feels about Trump's climate change denial, for example. There was a very scary episode with the author of a climate change book - not the sort of thing right-wingers would want to hear.

I think Rogan would be sympathetic to Trump on some issues, sympathetic to Biden on others and a bit more neutral than some make out, mainly because he does let people talk without challenging them. I've never heard him get into a serious argument with a guest. I certainly think it would be an interesting experiment...

The latest claim from our 'stable genius' (his past words)....That he read a 392-page book in ine evening!

I'm a bookworm. i love reading, and would do nothing but read books all dat long, if I could. I couldn't possibly read a book that long in less than a week (and I don't have any other, possibly more pressing matters on hand like, umm, directing the government of a nation of 331 million people in the middle of a raging pandemic and a recession).
I mean...beyomd belief.
By "read" could they possibly mean "coloured in" I mean that's still going some but if he only did the lower case "o's" with one colour crayon do'able (?)

Forest management is the land owner's responsibility.

As residents of the region know well, huge swaths of the American West are federally owned. Nearly 60 percent of the forests in California, 25 percent of the forests in Oregon, and 44 percent in Washington are national forests. For the most part, the forests burning across the West—the fires the president blames on state officials—are on federal lands.

Forest fire management is a complex issue, but one thing is clear: the federal commitment to it has been declining for years, and Trump has done little to reverse it. The federal government’s spending on fire prevention has been shrinking; the budget for vegetation management fell from approximately $240 million in 2001 to $180 million in 2015, a decline of 24 percent.

I mean...beyomd belief.

He's banking on his followers having no idea how long it takes to read a book.

Back
Top Bottom