Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Another cruise missile to hit Trump next week according to Anthony Scaramucci (who has correctly predicted/had inside knowledge of the military/COVID scandals)

Cobblers. Nobody but Bob Woodward - and his publishers, I grant you - has ever been 'behind' any of his books. One thing I grant him, he has always been very much his own man.

Bezos owns the Washington Post which employs and Woodward as a journalist and associate editor so he is his one of his publishers.You'll notice that the tapes were released by the Washington Post. The book, itself, will be published by Simon and Schuster which is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, the controlling owners of which are the Redstone family.

Bezos owns the Washington Post which employs and Woodward as a journalist and associate editor so he is his one of his publishers.You'll notice that the tapes were released by the Washington Post. The book, itself, will be published by Simon and Schuster which is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, the controlling owners of which are the Redstone family.
Sure, I know all that, but either way the idea of bob Woodward - of all people - witlessly dancing to Bezos's tune is ludicrous. He wrote this book because he wanted to, full stop. He's wealthy, famous and old enough to tell both Bezos and the Redstones to do one.

Last edited:
Of course. But Fox hates Bezos. They think he's a leftist I suppose......like George Soros. All these billionaire leftists are plotting to bring down Trump. :rolleyes:

Murdoch who owns Fox hates Bezos because poses a threat to what is left of the Murdoch media empire. It's a business issue. Fox supports Trump because it expects Trump to govern in a manner that is favourable to his interests. Fox is also quite capable of giving Trump the odd warning slap when he gets out of line. If Trump loses, Murdoch or whichever of his children gets to inherit control will move on to the next malleable Republican.

Last edited:
Sure, I know all that, buteither way the idea of bon Woodward - of all people - witlessly dancing to Bezos's tune is ludicrous. He wrote this book because he wanted to, full stop. He's wealthy, famous and old enough to tell both Bez and the Redstones to do one.

Yep, Bob Woodward has been at the Washington Post since Jeff Bezos was 7 years old and has published books critical of the previous five presidents, so Trump supporters are definitely clutching at straws if they're trying to portray him as some kind of Bezos puppet - especially since the most damaging stuff in the book seems to be things Trump freely admitted on the record.

Sure, I know all that, buteither way the idea of bon Woodward - of all people - witlessly dancing to Bezos's tune is ludicrous. He wrote this book because he wanted to, full stop. He's wealthy, famous and old enough to tell both Bez and the Redstones to do one.

Bezos uses his substantial resources to support and promote those who support and promote his interests. Woodward doesn't have to dance to Bezos's tune. The relationship is symbiotic.

Woodward doesn't have to dance to Bezos's tune. The relationship is symbiotic.
I grant you, there's a marriage of common interests on this. They probably both wanted this book, very badly. Woodward for journalistic reasons (it's a story any hack in the right minds would kill grandma for), Bezos because he loathes Trump
e2a: and very much a meeting of hearts and minds too!

Last edited:
Still can't quite understand why Trump agreed to the interviews (let alone provide the disclosure that he did) after the Fear book?

I know. Given the books he's published in the past, you really do have to wonder why he would agree to any interview, let alone 18. Former Senator McCaskill doesn't mince words on that point, while the reporters make no effort not to laugh:

Anyone else want to eat the cupcakes sitting on the counter in the background? A cup of coffee wouldn't go wrong either.

Still can't quite understand why Trump agreed to the interviews (let alone provide the disclosure that he did) after the Fear book?

It's bizarre - Trump not only agreed to hours of interviews, he called up Woodward for unexpected late-night chats multiple times. Apparently he rejected interview requests for Fear and thought this one would turn out better if he had a chance to charm Woodward. He also seems to have been a little starstruck.

Trump loves brands, and Woodward has been the gold standard for 50 years of investigative journalism around the presidency, so it's the same reason why he likes the Gray Lady, he likes The New York Times. It's the paper of record traditionally in his hometown, so even though both excoriate him, he's attracted to them the way a low-IQ small moth would be to a flame,” said Anthony Scaramucci, who briefly served as White House communications director under Trump. “Trump is always convinced that if he talks to the person, he is going to elucidate and enlighten that person and get them to like him.”

It ain't over until the fat orange bastard swings.

If you get an invitation, from whoever has taken over from Ghislaine, to one of those exclusive venues you'll be able to find Donald swinging. If you're lucky he might even let you join in.
Melania-Trump-Donald-Trump-Ghislaine-Maxwell-1024x684.jpg

So that's the US state formally calling out a Russian spy. Who happens to be in close contact with Rudy Guiliani, and who has fed him, and some Republicans politicians, and OANN 'info' on Hunter Biden, which Trump has retweeted.

Well, ok. Totally normal. Nothing to see.

So that's the US state formally calling out a Russian spy. Who happens to be in close contact with Rudy Guiliani, and who has fed him, and some Republicans politicians, and OANN 'info' on Hunter Biden, which Trump has retweeted.

Well, ok. Totally normal. Nothing to see.
That has to be another nail in the coffin.

Back
Top Bottom