Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Not really amazing; Florida's big earner is tourism (much more than energy resources), and offshore drilling can hurt those revenues (and has in the past). The more those industries, and the people working in them take a hit, the more Trump's vote seeps away.
it's 100% about his re-election bid.
e2a: he really has to win Florida, or it's bye-bye donald

I know its tactical, but it's still bizarre to hear him of all people is saying it.

Not really amazing; Florida's big earner is tourism (much more than energy resources), and offshore drilling can hurt those revenues (and has in the past). The more those industries, and the people working in them take a hit, the more Trump's vote seeps away.
it's 100% about his re-election bid.
e2a: he really has to win Florida, or it's bye-bye donald

Interesting that you mentioned their tourism. Part of that comes from the "snowbirds", Canadians who live there in the winter.

Our family is spread out in Eastern Ontario, and the information gathered is from four different curling clubs.
All four clubs have seen an increase in memberships, and they all seem to be snowbirds.

Many seniors are probably not going down to Florida for the winter season. It's not worth the risk.

Interesting that you mentioned their tourism. Part of that comes from the "snowbirds", Canadians who live there in the winter.

Our family is spread out in Eastern Ontario, and the information gathered is from four different curling clubs.
All four clubs have seen an increase in memberships, and they all seem to be snowbirds.

Many seniors are probably not going down to Florida for the winter season. It's not worth the risk.
Absolutely. Thanks to COVID-19, and idiotboy De santis' lousy handling of things, Florida tourism is in deep shit.
Lots of ugly bloody drilling kit set up everywhere would be a death knell.
Frankly, I don't blame your relatives, I wouldon't go within a hundred miles of the Sunshine State, right now

Yes, he seems to have no understanding that funding for such things starts in the House, but its not the first time that Republicans haven't seemed to understand that article of the Constitution or that the military is under the command of the civilian government. It seems to be another veiled jab at the military, in this case the generals, who overwhelmingly disapprove of him as Yossarian's post above notes.
The cynic in me says that he's pre-emptively discrediting the armed forces chiefs because if he narrowly loses the election, refuses to leave the white house and gums the works up by unleashing legal armegeddon, aren't the generals the people of last resort to remove him from there?

I might have heard wrong about him getting removed by senior amred forces staff though so i'm not punting a conspiracy theory or anything here... If I got that wrong, about them as last resort removing him, I'm more than happy to be corrected.

No it would be the FBI the military won't get involved much like the military and the National Guard didn't go in with tanks guns blazing bayonets fixed as trump and his supporters wanted them too.
They are professionals. Didn't take the protests as personal. Mostly calmed shit down as the few dicks weren't stupid enough to pick a fight they'd lose.

Finding the whole does Trump care about military and how the media and Dems are playing it interesting. Don't think they've got a scooby, any of them.
They massively raided the budget to pay for the wall, there are loads of bits of maintenance and construction on bases around the world that won't happen cos of the wall, but they don't mention that despite it actually having a tangible mpact on their safety and well being. No, stick with did the President say words? And on the wall, I remember one one of White House TV Covid briefings where they had chief army engineer. He was explaining about the field hospitals they'd built (pretty amazing job I'd say) but Trump's more interested in talking about the wall and how that's going. Chief army engineer answers first few questions primarily from the perspective of the Covid precautions his staff were taking while all Trump gives a shit about is the length of the the thing. It was the same with the Aircraft carrier that had the Covid outbreak, some appointed suit talking about fucking missiles, while the sacked Captain got an ovation from his crew. btw HMS Queen Elizabeth has just delayed sailing coz of positive tests, sensible move

The cynic in me says that he's pre-emptively discrediting the armed forces chiefs because if he narrowly loses the election, refuses to leave the white house and gums the works up by unleashing legal armegeddon, aren't the generals the people of last resort to remove him from there?

I might have heard wrong about him getting removed by senior amred forces staff though so i'm not punting a conspiracy theory or anything here... If I got that wrong, about them as last resort removing him, I'm more than happy to be corrected.

Even if Trump loses the election in November he is allowed to stay in office until a date sometime in January. They don't go immediately like pm's do in the uk. Who knows what he could do out of spite during that time :eek:

Last edited:
I think it was the betrayal of the Kurds and withdrawal from Germany and wanting them to shoot rioters pissed off the military the first two were random policy's that made no coherent sense

Kurds is a hard one what with NATO and Turkey (Anglo French map drawing mischief back in the day - do have some sympathy, they always get stitched up (helicopter policing after first Gulf war). Germany thing am sort of round to agreeing the the Yanks, German finances would be very different if it was down to Germany to do its own defence, as it is they didn't whilst impacting on other countries with their tank sales and where the eurofighter can be sold type thing. Calling Homeland security and National Guard the military, now thats the sort of random shit that pisses them off

Thing is the us s troops in. Germany aren't defending Germany they are supporting us operations but trump boy didn't notice that.

Even if Trump loses the election in November he is allowed to stay in office until a date sometime in January. They don't go immediately like pm's do in the uk. Who knows what he could do out of spite during that time :eek:
Yeah, I should have explicitly stated it as the end of the transition period

Bill Clinton's lot removed the W key from every keyboard in the White House

A court case dating back to the 1990's against Trump for sexual assault.
DOJ seems to be taking Trump's defense against his accused.

"President Trump was acting within the scope of his office as President of the United States at the time of the incidents out of which the Plaintiff's defamation claim arose. Indeed, when providing the challenged statements, the President was speaking to or responding to inquiries from the press, much as the elected officials in the cases cited above were speaking to the press or making other public statements at the time of their challenged actions," the Justice Department's court filing stated.

"The Westfall Act accordingly requires the substitution of the United States as defendant in this action," the department added.

How odd.

If he gets well beaten he might just say "sod this" and leave immediately in November.

If he resigned for the last couple of months of his term, it might give President Mike Pence a chance to pardon him - but I think he'll stay until the last day and pardon a few hundred other white-collar criminals.

Back
Top Bottom