Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I really am having a hard time believing the worst parts in that Atlantic article - not so much that Trump thinks those thoughts (he probably does), but that noone over the past four years would have either chinned him after he'd made one of those utterances, or come out and reported it at the time, given how viscerally offensive they would be to some people.

I mean, one of those examples was apparently at John Kelly's sons grave at Arlington, to John Kelly - and he not that much later gave a speech defending Trump on a very similar issue to this. I know Trump surrounds himself with scum, but that is something I honestly cannot believe happened.

The opposition can’t go after him for draft dodging as Biden did that too (five deferments for childhood asthma). Not sure the ‘sport are troops’ vote is an easy win for the Democrats, but maybe they’re aiming to discourage ‘moderate’ republicans from voting instead.

He has form though - he repeatedly claimed that John McCain was a loser for getting himself captured, imprisoned, starved and tortured for 5 and a half years in Vietnam, and he has never withdrawn these statements or apologised for them.

He has just now denied saying it though :)

From my brief poking around the murkier corners of twitter today it doesn't look like the trumpers are out in their usual numbers to push back on this one.
All there is for them to say is 'i don't believe it' and then people respond with that there video and they go quiet. Not a good day for the president or his fellow travellers.

Last edited:
He won't turn up to any debates
I expect he will. In fact, the Trump campaign wanted 4 debates instead of 3. He's behind in the polls. The one who's behind usually wants to debate.
The Commission on Presidential Debates on Thursday rejected a Trump campaign request to add a fourth debate to the calendar or move up an existing one to the first week of September in order to address an expected surge in early voting.

I really am having a hard time believing the worst parts in that Atlantic article - not so much that Trump thinks those thoughts (he probably does), but that noone over the past four years would have either chinned him after he'd made one of those utterances, or come out and reported it at the time, given how viscerally offensive they would be to some people.

I mean, one of those examples was apparently at John Kelly's sons grave at Arlington, to John Kelly - and he not that much later gave a speech defending Trump on a very similar issue to this. I know Trump surrounds himself with scum, but that is something I honestly cannot believe happened.

To be honest, I'm getting tired of the unnamed sources. If someone has information then they have the responsibility to come forward and make there be no doubt about the report. These anonymous sources are too easy to dismiss out of hand. I'm disgusted by people like Bolton who keep their mouths shut when he has relevant testimony, but are happy to make millions selling a book. If the source of this is General Kelly, then he should own it.

I doubt it is true, but a bit like Cameron and the dead pig’s head, we know it could easily be true. Well remember the fuss at the time, it was clear that he was worried about his hair, coming out with some old fanny about the secret service refusing to drive him. All the other leaders stood in the rain, no flunkies holding brollies for them, they were paying respect to the dead of WW1, it’s what you do when you are a leader. And Trump didn’t, he didn’t respect the dead.

Two of Trump’s former staff members have confirmed it on record:

From that article:

Trump said:
[John Kelly] was with me, didn’t do a good job, had no temperament and ultimately he was petered out, he was exhausted. This man was totally exhausted. He wasn’t even able to function in the last number of months. He was not able to function.

Given Trump’s propensity, almost compulsion, to attack people with his own failings, I find this description interesting.

From that article:

Given Trump’s propensity, almost compulsion, to attack people with his own failings, I find this description interesting.

And always, always with the claims that nobody cares more than he does.

"There is nobody feels more strongly about our soldiers, our wounded warriors, our soldiers that died in war than I do,”

And another "strange" ruling from the tangerine buffoon.

Does he really think that training isn't needed ?
(or is he playing to his racists supporters gallery, again)
Definitely the second one.
His base is shrinking. Between belittling the military yesterday, being openly and chronically inept, and just being all round a really bad leader, all he's got left are his racist supporters.
I wouldn't be surprised if his rhetoric ratchets it up in the next couple of months. Equally, though, I wouldn't be surprised in the last couple of weeks, when/if it looks likes he's going to get his arse handed to him, he suddenly comes out with some "I've always said, 'Black Lives Matter, is a terrific organisation'."

I know this a minor thing with everything else going on, but I'm going to post on it anyway:

White House Rose Garden before Trump vs. White House Rose Garden After Trump

View attachment 227711

They removed Jackie O's crabapple trees. Removed all of the roses planted by various first ladies over the years and generally made it bland and unappealing. I'd say that it was done as payback for taking down Confederate monuments, but I've seen previous designs for the White House Christmas decorations and I see a resemblance. Anyone else remember this?

View attachment 227716

Cold and brutal is the Trump way.

Back
Top Bottom