Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

(let me guess, someone will say Colonel Sanders was a prick and then accuse me of derailing the thread)

:D

That wouldn't work. They'd have to really like Colonel Sanders to react surely?

If you don't want people to comment on your posts don't post. If you don't want to read my posts you know what to do. It's ridiculous to suggest I can't express an opinion about a prominent politician who is the topic of the post above on a thread about politics. Especially from a poster linking tweets with a minimum of comment. Do one.

About Powell. A war criminal who lied to the UN to enable an illegal war and kill hundreds of thousands.

i remember when he gave that presentation. at the time i pointed out that he had shown a bunch of pictures and made a series of claims and had proven nothing. i was hit with a ton of bricks (verbally): how dare i question such a great man, support the troops, dissent against bush should be supressed, whaddayou, some kind of islam-loving liberal?

what's galling is that the cadre talking that way then are trumpers now - though trump was saying as much himself (this is not the first time). something about rightwingers and their need for a leader ...

anyway, the GOP anti-trumpers are bush-era alumni, interventionists and neocons and they hate him not just on account of his moral bankruptcy but also because he's relatively non-interventionist (see today's news about withdrawal of some US troops from germany), though he's still willing to bomb some people to death if he feels he needs to show he can (syria).

Just when you think Trump can't possibly top any shit he has done before he goes and beats his own records.

he knows the virus is mainly killing minorities and people in cities, not his base. Why should he give a fuck?

Trump has also made it clear that he considers it unacceptable to have rallies with social distancing - having arenas packed full of people, mostly older than average and who generally consider face masks a sign of weakness and cowardice, standing there for hours shouting and whooping sounds like a surefire way to spread the virus, so I think Trump is doing one of two things here:

1) He has completely reassessed his entire life and concluded that his supporters should be exterminated

or

2) He knows that most city authorities outside maybe Mississippi or Alabama, where he's already got the vote sewn up, are not going to allow him to hold these rallies, so he'll attempt to schedule them in swing states like Ohio and Michigan then fire off a bunch of tweets about "radical Leftist Democrats trying to SILENCE the MAGA message!" after permission to use arenas is denied.

Trump has also made it clear that he considers it unacceptable to have rallies with social distancing - having arenas packed full of people, mostly older than average and who generally consider face masks a sign of weakness and cowardice, standing there for hours shouting and whooping sounds like a surefire way to spread the virus, so I think Trump is doing one of two things here:

1) He has completely reassessed his entire life and concluded that his supporters should be exterminated

or

2) He knows that most city authorities outside maybe Mississippi or Alabama, where he's already got the vote sewn up, are not going to allow him to hold these rallies, so he'll attempt to schedule them in swing states like Ohio and Michigan then fire off a bunch of tweets about "radical Leftist Democrats trying to SILENCE the MAGA message!" after permission to use arenas is denied.
Honestly don’t think he is as deep as either of those. He is going mad missing the adulation of giant crowds wearing identical hats, i think that’s all. He’s doing it because it’s the only thing he knows how to do and he wants to be cheered up basically. He forced the press to sit closer together because they were the closest thing he’s had for months to a crowd.

Think Trump has been reading Urban as he’s now banging on about baby-eating anarchists:

That tweet makes no sense. If police departments are the creation of "Democrats & Activists" [sic], then why do conservatives oppose their abolition? No more big government!

Honestly don’t think he is as deep as either of those. He is going mad missing the adulation of giant crowds wearing identical hats, i think that’s all. He’s doing it because it’s the only thing he knows how to do and he wants to be cheered up basically. He forced the press to sit closer together because they were the closest thing he’s had for months to a crowd.

I think you're right--its because its what he knows how to do. He knows that he can gin up his base with rallies, because its worked in the past. What he doesn't know how to do is to actually govern. He knows he's losing votes with the focus on his failure to actually serve the people . Its all about image to him so he's trying to change the focus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom