Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

The thing with populists, they aren't necessarily competent at dealing with the demands of the job of President/Prime Minister etc. Any elected leader will lean on others for information. When that information is Fox News, right wing talk-radio and appointed yes men then crises can erupt. Everyone needs someone sagacious to call them a bellend when they are behaving like one. Government by echo-chamber is absurd for a polity like the USA.

It starts off a bit slow but gets into the groove around the seven-and-a-half hour mark. I think it craps out about nine hours in, but the last twenty minutes is good.

Biden at his age just doesn't have the stamina an hour is all he can do now.

If Trump hadn't already confirmed Pence as his running mate for 2020, I'd have said this was a prelude to an announcement that she'd be running for Veep. Although they do have designs on creating a presidential dynasty, don't they? Maybe she'll run in 2024?

Vaguely remember that that was the plan......

President Donald Trump's re-election campaign pulled a space-themed ad from YouTube Thursday after complaints were raised that it violated NASA guidelines and at least one former astronaut objected to appearing in it without her consent.

The "Make Space Great Again" ad was several minutes long and included snippets of speeches from former President John F. Kennedy and Trump and shots of the astronauts who were launched into space last Saturday from American soil for the first time in nearly a decade, but NASA has strict regulations for advertisements posted on its website.

"As a government agency, NASA will not promote or endorse or appear to promote or endorse a commercial product, service or activity," the site reads. "Astronauts or employees who are currently employed by NASA cannot have their names, likenesses or other personality traits displayed in any advertisements or marketing material."

President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on cars made in the European Union and on unspecified Chinese products unless the trading partners reduce their duties on U.S. lobster.

“If the European Union doesn’t drop that tariff immediately, we’re going to put a tariff on their cars, which would be equivalent,” Trump said in a roundtable event in Bangor, Maine, with commercial fishermen and the state’s former Republican governor, Paul LePage. “It’ll be the equivalent, plus,” he added.

Trump has frequently threatened to tariff EU-made cars in disputes with the region’s governments. The threat over lobster comes as Trump has sought to change the subject from his widely criticized response to the coronavirus and nationwide protests over police brutality.

Does NASA consider any re-election campaign to be the same thing as "a commercial product, service or activity"? Or just Trump's?

Not that I'm objecting to NASA taking action over this, but it seems a really weird angle to take on it. I'd have thought that NASA would have rules regarding political neutrality that they could have used instead.

How long before US citizens begin to apply for political asylum across the world to escape this insanity.

There's a channel on YouTube that interviews black ex-pats living in Japan. There's at least one American who became a citizen of Japan after spending several decades teaching there.

This is the rare instance where I would suggest reading the comments on YouTube. You'll find a lot of expressions of relief in living elsewhere, and horror at what's going on in the US.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom