Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

trying the instigate a riot so he can get his wet dream of having the troops in every major city it appears

:(

The painting of the mural was at the direction of D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, according to her chief of staff, who said the mayor wanted to make it "abundantly clear" the street belonged to the city.

Bowser chief of staff John Falcicchio wrote on Twitter, "There was a dispute this week about whose street this week about whose street this is. Mayor Bowser wanted to make it abundantly clear that this is DC’s street and to honor demonstrators who peacefully protested on Monday evening."

Municipal dump trucks blocked off the street, preventing cars from passing through as people painted the street-width letters, and NBC Washington reported the painters were part of a city public works crew.

Trump will be able to see it when he travels by helicopter

Note: 16th Street is the street that points directly at the WH's front door.
1591374742255.png

Last edited:
Putting those words into George Floyd’s mouth could be the crassest, most insensitive thing he’s ever said. I couldn’t watch that ‘conference’. Even the worst bits in the following thread are hard to sit through:

If he was consciously trying to make things worse, for political reasons, (instead of just being an idiot & a psychopath) I can't really think of anything he'd have done differently this past week.

I think he is trying to make things worse. He gets to be seen by his base as someone who will crack down on anyone not like them. I always remember an interview I saw with one of his voters. She said that his policies were "hurting the wrong people." I keep wondering who she wanted to see hurt, but I think we can guess.

I think he is trying to make things worse. He gets to be seen by his base as someone who will crack down on anyone not like them. I always remember an interview I saw with one of his voters. She said that his policies were "hurting the wrong people." I keep wondering who she wanted to see hurt, but I think we can guess.
I think so too. It looks like maybe he’s miscalculated though, in that people who weren’t fully in his camp have recoiled further and nobody has newly become a fan. Especially suburban women I read somewhere, numbers saying they approve of him have dropped hard just recently.

FFS :rolleyes:

The White House Correspondents’ Association released a scathing statement about Trump’s press conference this morning, where the president took no questions from reporters.

WHCA president Jonathan Karl, an ABC News reporter, noted that the White House set up reporters’ chairs in a way that violated guidelines on physical distancing.

“The chairs were initially positioned in a way that was consistent with social distancing guidelines but were moved closer together by White House staff shortly before the event started,” Karl said in the statement.

“When we asked for an explanation, the White House press office told us the decision to move the chairs close together was made because ‘It looks better.’”

Karl concluded, “The health of the press corps should not be put in jeopardy because the White House wants reporters to be a prop for a ‘news conference’ where the president refused to answer any questions.”

Trump boasted about the Rose Garden set-up during his remarks, saying to reporters, “Even you, I notice you’re starting to get much closer together, looks much better, not all the way there yet, but you’ll be there soon.” The president did not note that White House officials had made the decision on the set-up.

Putting those words into George Floyd’s mouth could be the crassest, most insensitive thing he’s ever said. I couldn’t watch that ‘conference’. Even the worst bits in the following thread are hard to sit through:

It was rambling madness. By far, the Floyd stuff was the worst...kinda/mostly/probably.

The whole thing was a fucking drug-fuelled disgrace...sounded like he was speeding off his tits.

Back
Top Bottom