Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

I actually like the Trump admin position on this. I like the old incandescent bulbs. They are way cheaper and put out more light. And I really don't think light bulbs contribute a whole lot to climate change.
No one individual thing does.
They are not cheaper (in the medium-long term) and LEDs/CFls can put out just as much light. The only truly superior quality of incandescents is their colour rendering, which matters if you're an artist. Modern LEDs and CFLs are far better in this regard than they used to be, though. More than good enough for domstic use.

and LEDs/CFls can put out just as much light.

this is my experience. CFLs take a minute to get bright, which is first-world annoying, but more importantly, because of their shape you can't use the lampshades that clip on the bulbs. LEDs put out as much light as incandescents and are cool to the touch and do suck up alot less electricity.

CFLs are being banned by the EU too, low lumens/watt.

The ban also applies to halides but you can get around that one so long as the lamp and ballast are completely separate components.

You can get just about the same CRI from an Led these days, just need a wide array of different colours to match it, hard but not impossible.

It isn't just the lower level of electricity that low energy bulbs use, but install enough of them and all of a sudden you don't need to build so many power stations, and power stations are very expensive.

I think you didn't read the first article in full.

...The inquiry is part of a broader, previously unreported probe into U.S. military expenditures at and around the Trump property in Scotland. According to a letter the panel sent to the Pentagon in June, the military has spent $11 million on fuel at the Prestwick Airport — the closest airport to Trump Turnberry — since October 2017, fuel that would be cheaper if purchased at a U.S. military base. The letter also cites a Guardian report that the airport provided cut-rate rooms and free rounds of golf at Turnberry for U.S. military members....

...On previous trips to the Middle East, the C-17 had landed at U.S. air bases such as Ramstein Air Base in Germany or Naval Station Rota in Spain to refuel, according to one person familiar with the trips. Occasionally the plane stopped in the Azores and once in Sigonella, Italy, both of which have U.S. military sites, the person added.

But on this particular trip, the plane landed in Glasgow — a pitstop the five-man crew had never experienced in their dozens of trips to the Middle East. The location lacked a U.S. base and was dozens of miles away from the crew’s overnight lodging at the Turnberry resort....

I just heard an interesting program on R4 about Trump, a lot about his lying which didn't surprise me including that he believes his lies as do many of his followers, but it also said there was an issue dealing with someone who basically does not read, all his inputs are from television.

Who is gonna pay fro Trump's wall?
Looks like it will be the EU :D

US Defence Secretary Mark Esper said that European nations should consider funding projects in their countries after the Pentagon diverted money to pay for a border wall with Mexico.
“The message that I’ve been carrying, since when I was acting secretary to today, has been about the increase in burden sharing,” Esper told reporters in London late on Thursday.

“So part of the message will be ‘Look, if you’re really concerned then maybe you should look to cover those projects for us’ because that’s going to build infrastructure in many cases in their countries,” he added.
“Part of the message is burden sharing, ‘Maybe pick up that tab.’”

Esper wants Europe to ‘pick up tab’ as US diverts funds to Trump’s wall

He has a vivid imagination wrt drug smuggling.

Trump’s top border wall design ‘was sawed through in test’

Most of the designs were solid concrete, but two featured steel slats. Trump said he favoured such a design when he reviewed the samples because border officials said they wanted to see what was on the other side. He also said transparency could keep someone from being hit by large sacks of drugs thrown over the wall.

We need to create new words to describe trumps arrant stupidity because the usual ones are woefully inadequate as are the people around him. Im just waiting for him to make a horse senator.

Last edited:
First day of standing lessons.

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ

Funnily enough, Trump appears to be in quite a bad physical state: dragging his feet, poor balance when walking, unable to stand steadily, often propped up by a lecturn or put behind a desk. He nearly fell down the stairs at the recent G7 meeting, with only Boris Johnson saving him. Then he appeared with bruises on his head the other day, like he'd had a fall.

I stumbled across this guy Tom Joseph who has put extensive posts on Twitter and 'evidence' to suggest Trump is suffering badly from dementia. He reckons the 2020 election campaign is out the window and reckons the now frequent disappearances from public view for days at a time, and cancelled meetings/visits etc, are part of his staff & family hiding the condition.

Wouldn't suprise me if that massive wanker threatened to defund NOAA in order to pull them into line...
We have "Trumpscience" and all agencies are expected to tow the line. I'm actually surprised that NOAA hasn't been de funded already.

Neil Jacobs at NOAA was brought in to try push a privitisation agenda after the Accuweather head was not confirmed. Julie Kay Roberts head of public affairs at NOAA is a former member of Trumps election team and inauguration committee. The defense from NOAA was anonymous i.e. no one put their name to it, so likely came from near the top.
This will likely be subjected to an investigation by Congress. Funnily enough people in the south eastern seaboard of the US take screwing with hurricane warnings seriously. The NWS and National Hurricane Center tend to be pretty broadly supported across the political spectrum. The Democrats will know this will play badly in places like Florida.

There may be more to it than that and Prestwick airport seems to be an odd stopoff point for a plane bound for Kuwait. Moreover refuelling costs them more there.

Congress investigating Trump over US military trips to Scotland

The article, while it may be onto something regarding Trump wanting US agencies to stay at his hotels, is creating a false/misleading narrative - US military aircraft land and stopover at Prestwick every day, and it's not unusual for aircraft going to Kuwait to stopover at Prestwick. The variable is weather, airspace/storage/accomodation congestion at different air bases/airports, and headwinds. Those decisions are often made while the aircraft is over the Atlantic, and the hotel booking might only be done when the aircraft lands.

Check the spotter websites, it's an unusual day when there aren't US aircraft at Prestwick.

Back
Top Bottom