Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

With a record turnout of over 61%? The apathetic are not winners. They are the biggest losers and nobody gives a shit what they think.
Just to come back to this. Are the 39-45% of people who didn't vote also responsible for being more likely to be black and less likely to be well educated than those who did vote? Does being black and/or not having a college education make someone more likely to be a 'loser' in your eyes? Why do you think people who are from less privileged ethnic and economic groups are less likely to vote? Because they're losers?

Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2?
"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

"and being, like, really smart".

Zoolander-Movie-GIFs.jpg

It's nuts that such a huge and diverse country ends up with a binary choice between what are essentially two versions of the same party* - there's fuck all diversity in elections, and you if you don't vote for the least worst candidate you potentially end up enabling the election of the really worst one.
Take out the word "huge" and you've just described the UK.

Just to come back to this. Are the 39-45% of people who didn't vote also responsible for being more likely to be black and less likely to be well educated than those who did vote? Does being black and/or not having a college education make someone more likely to be a 'loser' in your eyes? Why do you think people who are from less privileged ethnic and economic groups are less likely to vote? Because they're losers?

Truth is, as far as the liberal left are concerned the entire working class white and black are so categorized (behind closed doors naturally) regardless of whether they vote for the Democratic Party candidate or not. The hatred and contempt that poured forth after Brexit and Trump was aimed directly at this socio-economic strata is the perfect illustration. Of course the working class know full well how they are regarded by their 'betters'. Social democracies strategic collapse in Europe is mainly because the left don't know they know.

Truth is, as far as the liberal left are concerned the entire working class white and black are so categorized (behind closed doors naturally) regardless of whether they vote for the Democratic Party candidate or not. The hatred and contempt that poured forth after Brexit and Trump was aimed directly at this socio-economic strata is the perfect illustration. Of course the working class know full well how they are regarded by their 'betters'. Social democracies strategic collapse in Europe is mainly because the left don't know they know.
I was trying to make him get there himself but maybe that was a bit optimistic.

This whole shitshow is partly Hillary Clinton's fault - she ran a terrible campaign, she benefited from the DNC hobbling Bernie Sanders, she chose the dullest man in America as her vice-presidential candidate, she was basically a cheerleader for the whole neoliberal status quo that people were finally fed up with, etc, etc., I'm not surprised that she's still being mocked.

Trump is not the cause but the consequence...(incidentally my concern about Hilary is widely regarded as the cheapest form of wit).

I may have asked this before, but is there any appetite in America for any sort of electoral reform? It's nuts that such a huge and diverse country ends up with a binary choice between what are essentially two versions of the same party* - there's fuck all diversity in elections, and you if you don't vote for the least worst candidate you potentially end up enabling the election of the really worst one. Oh, and that electoral college thing is a bit crazy.

*with the Republican Party now gone full-on loony Hunger Games, Ayn Rand psycho.

I didn't use the term losers. Black voter turnout was about the same as whites in 2008 and 2012, obviously because there was a black candidate. In 2016 there was no black candidate so their turnout rate reverted to somewhat "normal." Economic status doesn't explain turnout rate. Asians have a far lower turnout rate than whites and blacks but their income is higher than whites. It seems to me that underprivileged groups should be motivated to vote in order to try and change the system. Anecdotally, the non-voters I have known tend to be white and think themselves superior because they know what's REALLY going on.

When you say this are you denying a correlation (you're wrong)or are you saying you don't consider it a justifiable explanation?
Maybe he could speak for himself and not simply reply to your depressingly repetitive interrogative cant.

Why were you quoting the word 'loser' and implying TomUS said it?

Maybe he could speak for himself and not simply reply to your depressingly repetitive interrogative cant.

Why were you quoting the word 'loser' and implying TomUS said it?
Cause he said it. And if he doesnt want to clarify what he meant he doesn't have to.

ETA: I've removed a gratuitous insult and I apologise it was uncalled for.

Last edited:
Responding to accusations in the new book that he ''Acts like a child'', Donald Trump has said the author is ''A total loser''
He then went on to make an L on his forehead, with his hand.

OK, I made that last bit up.
He rises to absolutely everything.

It could get really, really bad. :hmm:

Responding to accusations in the new book that he ''Acts like a child'', Donald Trump has said the author is ''A total loser''
He then went on to make an L on his forehead, with his hand.

OK, I made that last bit up.
He should have reprised his hilarious disabled person routine just to drive home his advantage.

When you say this are you denying a correlation (you're wrong)or are you saying you don't consider it a justifiable explanation?
Both. And BTW when I said the apathetic who don't vote are the biggest losers, I meant they lose because they don't exercise their right to have some say in political outcomes.

Reactions: CRI
Back
Top Bottom