Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is this bush/tree/plant?

Any clues on these? The purple one against the wall isn't the best shot to identify it sadly, not close enough I think

Attachments

• _MG_59691080 (879x1280).jpg
    _MG_59691080 (879x1280).jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 28
  • _MG_59731081 (853x1280).jpg
    _MG_59731081 (853x1280).jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 28
  • _MG_59761082 (853x1280).jpg
    _MG_59761082 (853x1280).jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 29
Any clues on these? The purple one against the wall isn't the best shot to identify it sadly, not close enough I think

Bottom left looks like a ceanothus.

Top left looks like it might be a wisteria, but someone else will probably know better.

Ch8pAQCW0AAoZ0o.jpg:large

anyone identify this please.

My first thought was ivy but the shape is a bit odd.

Is it a full on bastard that's pulling down fences and won't fuck off? If it is then it's ivy :mad:

Yes shape a bit different but still three-lobed like ivy. There are nice cuddly decorative ivies though.

Or perhaps it's a mutant :eek:

Someone asked me about it. That's all I know. It looks very 'ivy' doesn't it.

I shall find out if he found out.

might have already answered this but the tall blue flower is a camassia ( c.caerulea), artaxerxes - a bulb.

Mmm, I would like to see a bit more of this plant, Ponyutd before agreeing it is an ivy (although it is true that they have varying leaf shapes). Not that any other possibilities are leaping into my head yet.

Don't think it's eating my clematis. Anyone seen of these spiders before?...looks like squiddly diddly.

IMG_20160514_164132.jpg

I have so far failed to identify this really tiny insect that landed on my bag the other day near Bath.
I was amazed my sub-par phone camera captured it so clearly.

IMG_20160515_125007.jpg

IMG_20160521_14395.jpg
Anyone know what this is? I wouldn't have planted it if it didn't flower I am sure ...but there is no sign of colour.

Came with the house, very pleasent this time of year and no idea what it is...

Does anyone know if it's easy to take cuttings or other plant multiplying options for weigela ! My mum inherited one in her garden and it looks lovely, would like one myself!

This may not be the best way but it worked * for me. After it finishes flowering and you prune it, find some shortish side shoots on the prunings which didn't flower. Pull those off with a "heel". Trim the heal and stick them around the edge of a pot with cutting compost in. Keep the pot in the shade somewhere and keep the compost moist.

* I say it worked but I didn't take many cuttings and only two or three rooted.

campanula may be along soon with a professional answer! ;)

campanula? Any ideas? My mum took this photo in the Alps last week. The leaves are a bit cyclamen like but fleshier (like a non-hairy African violet?). We're stumped tho!

Attachments

• alpine.JPG
    alpine.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom