Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is this bush/tree/plant?

I don't know why I know ....

Apparently it's in the cabbage family - like stocks

You could really wind someone up by removing the flowers. :D

DSC_3102.JPG DSC_3120.JPG Ok here's a couple more I can't figure out! They're from a youngish ash plantation woodland from which half the trees were removed for timber a couple of years ago, so there's quite a few weird things coming up due to increased light levels...

The first one is ragwort of some kind - possibly "Oxford" - famously spread by the railways.

Going by the leaf, the second one looks a bit like a primrose that's gone to seed ...

Yeah I agree about the first one, think its so leggy cos of the weird light conditions... would primrose have such a long stalk do you think? Cheers for the help again by the way! :)

That's a matter for the professionals :) I had considered something similar... for about 1 second

The first one is ragwort of some kind - possibly "Oxford" - famously spread by the railways.

Going by the leaf, the second one looks a bit like a primrose that's gone to seed ...

Primroses (Primula Vulgaris) only have one flower per stalk. As it's a multiflower plant it could be a Cowslip or Oxlip but the flowers are usually more pendulous (I think). It might be a hybrid with a cultivated Polyanthus.

Hemp agrimony - eupatorium cannabinum. :)

(A member of the daisy family)

I saw an "out and about" programme once where the presenter authoritatively informed viewers that it was actually related to its namesake - whereas it's only so named because of the superficially similar leaf arrangement.

DSC_3007.JPG another one from my ash woodland.... sorry about the awful quality you can hardly see the flower but its a very pale greeny/yellow, almost white...

That's a pretty tall order - would need to know if the stem was round or square, hairy or smooth ...
It looks a bit like a member of the mint / dead nettle family ... but from here the leaves on the tall one look a bit dock-like...

its just the tall one I was looking at, the other stuff's dog's mercury... thought it might be white dead nettle

its just the tall one I was looking at, the other stuff's dog's mercury... thought it might be white dead nettle
I can see at least one more - bottom left - and one just behind and to the left of the tall one.

I'm guessing this was taken a while ago too ?

Not a while ago, just knocked the focus and didn't really know what I was doing! I think that yellow one from before might have been Yellow Loosestrife

Not a while ago, just knocked the focus and didn't really know what I was doing! I think that yellow one from before might have been Yellow Loosestrife
My neighbour had that in his garden - it's quite a leafy plant ...

just had a google and perhaps the garden variety has been bred a lot ...

I suppose all these plants are going to look a bit drawn because of their location ...

Saw these at a school today. I think I once had the first one as a house plant but no idea what is called.

avamebe9.jpg

pygureze.jpg

the first one is a cheeseplant! :D or Monstera deliciosa :cool: i had no idea they fruited with edible fruit. My nan had one.

Dunno about the other one?

Back
Top Bottom